CYBER MONDAY ONLINE PROMOTION FOR HARDWARE UPGRADE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YvaTech
I've Been Around

CYBER MONDAY ONLINE PROMOTION FOR HARDWARE UPGRADE

Hi everyone!

Good day!

I upgraded one of my line in Share Everything plan to Note 8 yesterday (CYBER MONDAY) and there was a promotion that I could get a Samsung Gear 3 if I'm one of the 1st 300 cx who did the upgrade online. I was wondering if where/ who would know if I was included or not. I did not get any indication/confirmation that I was not going to get it. Is it safe to assume I'll be getting the promotion? I get anxious waiting and hoping lol.

Anyone knows any info of where I can get confirmation?

Much appreciated!

***Added Labels***

RogersTony

Re: CYBER MONDAY ONLINE PROMOTION FOR HARDWARE UPGRADE

Hello @YvaTech

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

The Note 8 is an awesome device and the Samsung Gear 3 Smart Watch promotion is an incredible deal!

As you may know, we had a limited stock of only 300 units and with this great of an offer, I am certain they were gone pretty fast. If you were one of the first 300 to upgrade to an eligible device, you would have been notified, via text message or email, that It was sent with your device to the shipping address. If you did not get the notification, you were unfortunately not one of the first 300 customers.

I hope you enjoy your new device!

RogersTony

jasonellis6687
I've Been Around

Hi,

I just called into customer service and was told that we wouldn’t know for 15 days if we were one of the 300 because of the buyers remorse clause. Should I have received confirmation when I placed my order? I have a hard time believing 300 people upgraded online before noon on Monday. I’m hoping that I’m eligible for the watch otherwise I’m returning the phone.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jasonellis6687

To be honest I know over 20 people including 2 of family members and so others on another forum. So it is possible that 300+ upgraded online. Remember also Rogers workers could hAve as well. I do also believe u will be told after the 15 days as usually that's the return period.

If you have passed the 30 minute since u got the phone then sadly u can't return the phone. I believe it's 30 minutes and or 15 says. Whichever one comes first.
ben15
I've Been Here Awhile

I can not understand why Rogers can not tell me if i'm on the waiting list to receive samsung gear 3. I do not want to keep the phone if I do not get the watch. The promotion was posted all day on the Rogers website. Why not remove the promotion from the website once the 300 watches have been sold ???

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ben15

I understand where u are coming from. Unfortunately this is a system that generates who gets one and then the warehouse packages it. Most reps have no information on seeing it. So once the 15 days are up and u recieve the phone then u will know. They will let u know by email.

Again if u have passed the 30 minutes of talk time and or the 15 days then the buyers remorse period is no long available or valid. So u would be stuck keeping the phone. It's a amazing phone so don't know why u want to return it.
EGon
I'm Here A Lot

I'm going through the same thing, I upgraded to a S8 and was wondering if I qualified for the watch. I called to inquire but no one knows. Sucks we are left in the dark about being one the first 300, they could have had a quantity count, or say "only a few left."

I did get a confirmation email about the watch this morning, but it was for another person sent to me incorrectly  :S  Hopefully I will be one of the 300, if not, lesson learned.

ben15
I've Been Here Awhile

what time did you order your phone on cybermonday ?

🙂

EGon
I'm Here A Lot

I ordered the phone around 11:30am Eastern Time. How about yourself?

ben15
I've Been Here Awhile

Good news !!   I ordered my S8 + phone at 11:20 am and finally got my Samsung 3 frontier gear watch Friday with UPS.