CW Network channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robindp
I'm an Advisor

Re: CW Network channel

Hello @doomfire109,

I have seen the settings of my cable box scrambled due to a bad software update. Have you checked & confirmed that the cable box is configured to output HD video? To check:

- Press Settings on your remote. 

- Press OK/Select to open the Appearance menu. 

- Press OK/Select to open the TV Type menu. 

- Select 720p HD or 1080i (depending on what your TV can display) and press OK/Select. 

- Select Begin Test if prompted, then confirm you can see video when asked. 

After doing this, does "Arrow" on channel 518 show in HD? FYI - the episode on October 12th was on HD for me - I am in Toronto. 

doomfire109
I Plan to Stick Around

My HD works cause i watch HD all the time on other channels. Channel 8 is in HD and channel 518 does not show the arrow or legends of tomorrow. But what i am saying is why are legends of tomorrow and the arrow no longer playing on channel 8 like they did last year? part of the cw line up. Now by what i am seeing i have to pay extra now to watch the arrow and legends of tomorrow in HD because no channel that i have checked so far have it in HD that i am paying for. It only plays the shows on the none HD channels. why?

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @doomfire109,

Correction: "Arrow" taped in HD from CTV2 Toronto (CKVR), which is channel 20 here in Toronto. I just verified this by checking my recording from 10/12. 

Do you have access to the HD version of this channel in NB?

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello again @doomfire109,

I checked www.rogers.com and it looks like CTV two Toronto is on channel 136, while CTV two Atlantic are on channels 13 & 113 (for Moncton, NB). 

Are any of these channels in HD? "Arrow" will be on those channels. 

doomfire109
I Plan to Stick Around

Channel 20 is ABC here in HD Channel 13 is CTV2E but not in HD.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @doomfire109,

Give Rogers a call at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and ask about CTV two - this is the channel that carries what you are looking for in HD. 

They should be able to give you the channel number of CTV two HD. Alternatively, send @RogersHelps a tweet. 

Or - visit www.rogers.com, click "TV" and use the site to look up the channel. I am not in front of my PC and can't provide detailed instructions, but it is not too hard to find.

Let us know if you find the information you are looking for. 

doomfire109
I Plan to Stick Around

just got off of the tech support online. They said that its no longer in HD. Why would they stop offering it in HD? Kinda mad now. I only watch shows in HD and if this is how its going to be then i may just get rid of the tv all together.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@doomfire109 wrote:

just got off of the tech support online. They said that its no longer in HD. Why would they stop offering it in HD? Kinda mad now. I only watch shows in HD and if this is how its going to be then i may just get rid of the tv all together.

Rogers doesn't program the networks.  If a show isn't on a particular channel, then your problem is with the networks, not Rogers cable.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @doomfire109,

Sorry to hear about this. I know it is not the same, but you can view the episodes online at the CTV website: http://www.ctv.ca/Arrow/Video

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@doomfire109 wrote:
Channel 750 is in french. I cant understand french. Only shows stingray mlusses musique or something. I always watched channel 8 for the arrow and legends of tomorrow but they are not playing on there now? Im confused. I have not made any changes to my package.

Yes, it's French. The English Singray channel is 745.  (Ironically, when I just tuned to 745 it was Michael Buble doing a duet in French.)

There are a zillion Stingray channels from 712 to 750.  The only ones I might listen to are Folk Roots (729) and  Country Classics (731).

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario