COAX passthrough on my new Cisco HDPVR doesn't pass audio...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

COAX passthrough on my new Cisco HDPVR doesn't pass audio...

So I just swapped my old 8300 HDPVR that I was paying $25/mth for, for a new cisco box on a cheaper rent to own (so you know WHY I did it...)  However the new cisco boxes seem very unbaked and I've been having a bunch of issues.   The one that is annoying the most is happening to my second TV I have hooked into it.  On my old 8300 I had it hooked into my HDTV via HDMI, and then the CABLE OUT coax went into a smaller tv beside my computer, so I could watch TV on my small tv when I was using the main one for Xbox or whatever.  Now on the new Cisco box I can watch tv on the smaller TV, but the second I change inputs on my main tv from HDMI to xbox etc, the audio on the small tv cuts out.  

Is there any way to make the coax out be a true pass through instead of having to run a 4th cable line in my room (already have HSE modem, Homephone modem and HDPVR)

Also the IPG is slow.  Just saying.

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: COAX passthrough on my new Cisco HDPVR doesn't pass audio...

Is anyone able to help Scazza out with this custome set up?

RogersDarrell

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The Cisco boxes are trickier to work with. It may have something to do with their new anti-piracy protection. The loss of your audio may have something to do with the fact that the boxes are set up to use a single output. In case that is not the problem, hit settings on your remote and find the audio line. Check to see what it says and then change it to the other option. With the old guide it was easy. You hit settings twice and went to audio out. The choices that most boxes gave you were HDMI, Bitstream, Dolby Digital, or Other.
Hope this helps.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats what i was thinking, along that lines.

In antother thread, someone was having issues when doing HDMI out of the box to the TV, and then just RCA to a basic surround sound.  They were not getting proper sound to the TV.. I am guessing, because with the RCA's in, its changing the audio out on it.. that it really only wants to output via one audio source at a time.

Im thinking the coax out is more of an 'output' vs a passthough, like on a VCR.