[CLIENTBUG] APPEND Command exceeds the maximum allowed size

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

[CLIENTBUG] APPEND Command exceeds the maximum allowed size

I keep getting this error since I went to the IMAP settings. Has anyone experienced and solved this?

Background:

- Using IiMac with OS/X 10.8.2

- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 with all latest updates

Thank you.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

Re: [CLIENTBUG] APPEND Command exceeds the maximum allowed size

I went radical and blew out all the subfolders. I think there were too many errors. The problem seems solved and all folders are syncing properly now. Thanks Gdkitty. You put me on the right path.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have not seen this myself, but a search I found this, which also pertains to a yahoo server, so might apply.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zimbra.com%2Fforum...

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks GDKitty. I had found the same thing but it is of no help as it assumes that you have control over the server (which we don't LOL) 🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not at all.. its thinking its trying to replicate something from your device across.. at least comparing it to the example i found there.

Double check your sent, drafts, etc folder for some oversized document that might be sitting there (or get rid of everything in there, just to be sure)

I would log in via webmail to your account as well, and just make sure everything is clean in the folders, etc there as well, just to be sure.

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks GDKitty,

I went through the web portal and blew out my sent, and spam. The draft was empty. I'll check back

Could this explain the sync issues with objects appearing in the folder with a date and time stamp and no content?

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

Well I cleaned everything out and now getting

An unknown internal program error occurred.

The message could not be moved.

Getting weirder

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

still sounds like a sync issue of some form..

You can send mail, move, etc fine from the webmail?

Only thing i can think left.. would be IF you have everything in both locations (IE, that there is not MORE on your local than in the webmail), i would try blowing away the local copy all together and re-connecting, allow it to re-download, etc.

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

Hi GdKkitty,

I very much appreciate your input. Let me add more deets.

I have an iMac which I use as my main system. I also have a MacBook Pro as well as iPad and iPhone. I was hoping that by going to IMAP as with GMAIL that all my folders would sync. I now find that the only one which has the best sync'd view is the iMac wrt to Rogers IMAP. No such issues with GMAIL at all.

Does this help in any way? I am sorry as I should have mentioned this sooner as I thought it was localized to the server level.

Again, thank you for your inputs.

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

I was thinking that perhaps I could copy all the email objects to my GMAIL client and blow out the Rogers account altogether and recreate it? Maybe that's a bit extreme?

SoulSurferC6
I'm Here A Lot

I went radical and blew out all the subfolders. I think there were too many errors. The problem seems solved and all folders are syncing properly now. Thanks Gdkitty. You put me on the right path.

View solution in original post