cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGN3ACSMR bridge issue

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

hi rogers

i always set my CGN3ACSMR gateway to bridge.

but recently i found out when i set it to bridge mode, the 2.4G light will be ON automatically.

i remember those 5G and 2.4G light should be off , when i set the gateway to bridge mode.

so is there anyway i can fix this?

28 REPLIES 28

Re: CGN3ACSMR bridge issue

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For now:  the current work-around is to disable 2.4. Ghz Wi-fi before bridging  the modem if you wanted to get rid of the light.

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

same thing.
i reset the modem, disable both 5G and 2.4G wifi .before i bridge it.
but the 2.4G light still ON, when its bridge mode.

Do you actually SEE the SSIDs for them when you look at local wireless networks??

May just be a firmware bug in the light displays.

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

i didnt see both 5g and 2.4g ssid.

but the 2.4g light was on. so weird

Hello @fengjun326

To my knowledge the work-around is supposed get rid of the light. Just to confirm, you ensured your pressed save and the light was off before bridging the modem?

@DavePC I know you were experiencing the same issue, did the work around work for you?

RogersAsif

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAsifim sure i did press the save button b4 i bridge it.

Thanks for letting me know @fengjun326

So i assume the light was off before bridge mode then after, it was on?

RogersAsif

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAsif

yes.

i was turn off both 5g and 2.4g wifi before i set the modem to bridge mode.

Thanks.

I will have a further look into this. Apologies for the inconvience.

RogersAsif

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersAsif

hopefully you will come up the solution soon.

Hey Asif,

Work around also does not work. Seems to be an issue on the firmware level, the light turns on right after the power light, before any light such as the WAN indicator light.

Set the modem back to gateway mode, 2.4ghz network disabled as you asked- still light on.

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

@DavePC@RogersAsif

same thing here man.

1z062nv
I Plan to Stick Around

Its the new firmware rogers pushed out. i had the same issue went to bridge and all lights went off, then restarted and the 2.4 light stayed on. Replaced the modem with another that had lower firmware and problem solved. The new firmware has a 5 in the version number and the older firmware doesnt. Hope this helps

fengjun326
I Plan to Stick Around

@1z062nv

change modem doesnt fix the bug.

if rogers push out the new firmware , u will have the same issue again.

1z062nv
I Plan to Stick Around
i see. it worked for me though, but you are right in they push out the software. Hopefully they pull it and push out another update

j2pc
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issue and it happened around the same time as you. The 2.4 ghz light is on so I am guessing its a firmware issue.

Rmanios
I've Been Here Awhile

Same issue, I have the 2.4Wifi light on.

BUT ... when I switched to gateway mode I am certain this light was not on for several hours.

It only recently came on.  Is it possible that this is some type of exploit of the modem?  Someone scanning for an exploitable router/modem, so they did not find mine right away, but once they did, made a non-broadcasting SSID wifi?

(I know, sounds a little paranoid, but explains the time differential between gatewaymode and 2.4wifi).

From my understanding, its just a dispay bug.

A few that did have the light on for it, have not been able to see any broadcast SSIDs
Taking with rogers (who can go into the unit while in bridge eiasier) didnt show any non broadcast ones either.

Rmanios
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm curious if other people can confirm if their 2.4G wifi symbol flashes?

Mine is flashing very regularly (every 5 seconds) which seems less suspicous now, (more like a bug on a timer)

Mediaman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yup same here, radios off first, set to bridge mode, 2.4 GHZ light on with a little flash every 4-5 seconds. I did an e-chat last week with Rogers on this issue that they said they are aware of it, that it's a display bug only ( radio is indeed off) and it "should" be addressed is the next firmware push.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation