*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Yeah, my SmartTV doesn't like my ASUS router's wifi (2.4 or 5ghz) so in order to use it to watch netflix i use the modem's 5Ghz wifi (since that causes way less inteference than running 2 x 2.4ghz networks does) but this firmware has the bug where you have to have 2.4g on.

Thanks 🙂

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Really?  I had the opposite.

Both my smart TVs (my older LG and newer samsung), would not stay connected properly to the CGN3 (regular one, not the newer ACSMR).
Works flawlessly with my Asus.

jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

what asus router do you have? I am on the ac 87 u with the rogers acsmr as the modem. 🙂
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does your 87U have a Network Tools.... Smart Connect Rule tab, as is found on the AC3200?  Has that migrated down to the 87U?

jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

i'll have a look in the morning when im more alert lol. thanks for this 🙂
DavePC
I'm Here A Lot

Hey guys,

I know that in the post that this is stated:

"To receive the update you need to have the CGN3ACSMR running in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz network up and running.  I dont' think there will be any issues if both wifi networks are up and running but at a minimum, the 2.4 Ghz network must be up and running."

However, I am currently in bridge mode. Would the update still be  pushed, or would I have to disable bridge mode at night?

Firmware update request has been made on the night of the 28th, still no update so far.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I understand, you need to have the modem running in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz network up and running.  Thats the instructions that I received when I requested the update.

DavePC
I'm Here A Lot

I asked about this when I submitted my request, and all I got was "Your request has been submitted. Please allow up to 48 hours for the firmware to be pushed to your modem.".

Here's hoping it pushes tonight, my previous DPC3825 had no problem receiving automatic firmware updates while in bridge mode, so I don't see why it would be a concern. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This isn't a normal firmware distribution, so, for some reason that has not been specified, the modem need to be in Gateway mode with the 2.4 Ghz network up and running.  You're correct, it normally doesn't matter what mode the modem is in, but this time around, its does.

Gooney
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I know if my router is running in gateway mode or not?