CGN3 is dropping speed by over 90%

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

CGN3 is dropping speed by over 90%

Hello.

I have recently been having problems with my router last tuesday. I am using the CGN3 Router. What happens basicaly is that I have an internet package where I /should/ be getting atleast 30mbps but again since last tuesday im lucky to get 1mbps on an ethernet cable. On wireless products such as iPhones and PS4's, I get around 0.90 mps. I have gotteb replacement routers (This is my 3rd CGN3) and they seem to work for a day peaking at 40mbps but later on im back down to 1mbps. What can I do to fix this? Are there settings I need to use that are optimal? 

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CGN3 is dropping speed by over 90%

If it was just wireless.. POSSIBLY?
But if you are getting it on WIRED as well.. there is somthing else.

You are not using your own router, etc as well with it.. just the CGN3?

Are you able to log into the unit, and on on the first page that comes up, go to the DOCSIS WAN tab..
And the post both the DOWNSTREAM and UPSTREAM tables listed there?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3 is dropping speed by over 90%

First you must check by seeing if it is the modem/router itself by plufgging directly a computer into one of the ports on the modem. If the speed is good then it is VERY likely your WIFI settings or computer network card itself. If not and If this is the third one, I would have them check the lines, ask CS what the speeds are in the neighbourhood. If everybody is at full speed, then you may convince them to sent a tech to check the line into your house.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation