CGN3 and PS3/PS4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

CGN3 and PS3/PS4

This is always CONSISTENT on my CGN3 while testing internet setting on my PS3; When testing the internet settings the UPnP always appears to be unavaliable....... Due to that, I can't join online sessions (e.g GTA V Online) and is why I cannot join servers properly in BF4. 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CGN3 and PS3/PS4

Did you set up a static address again as well as port forwarding after the update?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In the CGN3 user controls, the UPNP function is located in the BASIC...GATEWAY FUNCTION page.  Is it disabled by any chance, or do you have it enabled but it refuses to co-operate?

Highlighted

UPNP is enabled.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmmm, also enabled in the PS3?  Try the UPNP test from grc.com and see what turns up.

https://www.grc.com

Navigate to Services....ShieldsUp!...Select Proceed.....Select GRC's Instant UPNP Exposure Test on the next page.

Is there any data forwarding required for GTA?

Highlighted

Hello @RyzenFX

When you see it’s unavailable it means it’s enabled at both CGN3 and PS3. If it not enable then you would get error – it’s disabled.

Technically, it seems PS3 is not able to open the ports required for GTA and BF4. You may want to obtain the ports required and do the port forwarding manually.

Let the community know if you need help in port forwarding, all the bestSmiley Happy

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Highlighted

Thank you @RogersMoin and @Datalink for your help so far! 🙂 When doing the UPNP test it says that it did not respond to their UPNP probes which means that it is good news. I was surfing the web for situation similar and apparently, in a separate forum, Gdkitty said that the problem was because the CGN3 has more strict firewall.\

sidenote: when Gdkitty was saying the stuff about a more strict firewall on the CGN3, he was comapring the CGN3 to the Cisco DPC 3825.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats an interesting result.  Not what I expected to see of course.  I had thought that with UPNP enabled in the CGN3, the test would fail as it would have shown active or enabled.  The result might make sense though depending on the Firewall Security Level.  There are three settings, Maximum, Typical and Minimum.  You can also define a custom rule set.  If your firewall is set for Maximum or Typical, maybe the result makes sense.  If its set for Minimum, then RogersMoin indication to set Port Forwarding for GTA might resolve the issue.  Port Triggering might work as well, so it might be worthy of an experiment.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be my first thing to try i think.. would be to try the forwarding.

i THINK its the stricter NAT on the unit, which the xbox/ps3&4 have issues with.

Highlighted

Thank you guys 🙂 I will try to port forward based on this page and notify you guys with the results: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/HitronTechnologies/CGN3/PS3_Grand_Theft_Auto_...

edit: After port forwarding I did the internet settings test on my PS3 and it says that the UPNP is unavailiable and the NAT type is TYPE 2. I haven't tried joining a server yet, so let's hope it works 🙂

Highlighted

After trying to joing online session in GTA V and BF4, the problem still persists...... I don't know how to fix this issure anymore. 😞