CGN2-ROG Port Forwarding issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

CGN2-ROG Port Forwarding issue

After spending countless hours trying to set up my personal TeamSpeak server and fighting with this "lovely" modem, I am coming here for help. I have read thread after thread about this issue and there seems to be no solution for it. I am trying to open 9987, 10011, 30033 and nothing seems to be working. PFChecker can ping them but the return times out. My firewall settings are fine, those aren' t the issue.

Does anyone know a way around this that does not involve me putting the modem into bridged mode and purchasing a router because ya, I rent this modem so why should I spend more money for something that should be working?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CGN2-ROG Port Forwarding issue

Well, we can mark this one as solved. After I made my request here, I got up, shut my computer off and went to bed. Woke up this morning and for giggles, ran the port checker and it was forwarded and got a response. Seems that everything works now.

Scratching my head about it but, if it's working, don't break it. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the CGN2 but I am running in bridge mode so unfortunately I can't do any testing for you but I am wondering if the IDS(intrusion detection) settings in the firewall would be interfering with the port forwarding?

Here is an example of how to port forward which I am sure you have already discovered.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/HitronTechnologies/CGN2-ROG/HTTPS.htm

Here is the firewall options where you could try disabling IDS.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Hitron_Technologies/CGN2-ROG/Firewall_Options.htm

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last i had heard.. the port forwarding on the CGN2 wasnt working 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, we can mark this one as solved. After I made my request here, I got up, shut my computer off and went to bed. Woke up this morning and for giggles, ran the port checker and it was forwarded and got a response. Seems that everything works now.

Scratching my head about it but, if it's working, don't break it. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post