CGN2 GATEWAY MODEM and itunes match

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

CGN2 GATEWAY MODEM and itunes match

Not sure if this is the new modem's problem, or an itunes/apple problem but since I switch to the new modem (and call rogers to disable to wifi router) itunes match has been unable to sync. I also notice the upload on my speedtest.net tests take a significant amount of time to get started...

anyone else having this problem?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: CGN2 GATEWAY MODEM and itunes match

Has anyone else run into this that can share their ideas with uomojon?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

I guess I'm the only one?

I'm a Senior Advisor

You may be simply the only one reporting the problem. The problems reported by people using the D3 modems are too numerous to mention - just total garbage being provided by Rogers and they could care less about providing their customers with a decent modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That I know of, but I haven't used the service myself, but I don't think that it uses any special protocols/ports, the same as the rest of iTunes.
Truthfully I think it has nothing to do with the gateway, especially if you have turned it to bridged into a modem.

The little I could find, seems like much of their documentation for it is out of date and still mentions mobile me. That is all now iCloud. Perhaps try installing the iCloud program?

I've Been Here Awhile

Swapped my hitron modem for the Cisco one.

Problem solved. No lag in upload time. iTunes match worked fine (slow but fine).

Hitron seems to be the problem I was having.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. Wondering if the Hitron is blocking some odd ports. Another user is having issues with port forwarding in another thread, and having the same thing. Those same ports worked fine on the cisco