CBSHD and NBCHD Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LF1949
I Plan to Stick Around

CBSHD and NBCHD Issues

Three days ago I noticed CBSHD (523) had no video or audio (black screen) and NBCHD (524) had no audio. I live in an apartment building in Woodstock so before I called Rogers I called a couple of neighbours and confirmed they were having the exact issues. The next day my one neighbour called to inform me that he had also called Rogers the night before and that they had fixed the problem. While he was on the phone I had him recheck CBSHD and sure enough it was black again.

This what I've since discovered:
- When the programs on CBS or NBC are unique in that time slot the issues exist.
- When a Canadian network is broadcasting the same show, (you know when you're watching CBS but the network ID bug in the lower RH corner is CTV's) everything appears okay.

As a test I turned in NBC and watched the end of the Buffalo news (with no sound) and when the program changed to "Entertainment Tonight" the sound came on and the Global bug appeared. I've done this a number of time on both NBC and CBS to confirm the problem is consistent. 

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues.

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CBSHD and NBCHD Issues

Sounds like it might be a SIMSUBing issue (where they have different content overlayed for canada, etc).

LF1949
I Plan to Stick Around

The channels are okay when they are being SIMSUB'd. It's when the feed is only from the US network, like CBS or NBC news or when the programming is not being carried at the same time by a Canadian network and cannot be SIMSUB'd. I also check with a friend at the other end of the town (a few KMs away) and they are having the exact same problem. Even after reporting that, Rogers still insists that it might be my box, a splitter or connection in my appartment and they are sending a tech.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, i had read your stuff backwards

Yeah, likely is the FEED from the station then.

-----

Unfortunately, unless the reps are TOLD there is a specific issue with the station etc... they have to ASSUME its the user side (which things often can be.... but its not ALWAYS the case).
THis is one thing many of us here have commented on, rogers needs to get better, at taking IN this info.
OK.. they dont have a FIX for the station.. but take down that you reported it... oh look... 5 more did the same.. maybe there IS a bigger issue.

LF1949
I Plan to Stick Around

Well the cable guy has come and gone. A contractor (nice enough guy) but knew next to nothing about the system. He didn't know about SIMSUBing or remapping of lower number to their HD upper number. I kept saying CBSHD (523) he insisted CBSHD (15) was a different channel. While he was here watching NBC (524) where there's been no audio the audio came on. I'm not sure if he understood it was because it was 3:00 and the program just changed from a Buffalo only program to a program that was now SIMBUB'd with Global. I showed him the Global bug on the screen, but I'm still not sure he got it. He did however say it was a "headend" issue and that there was nothing he could do about it.