cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPTIVATE MMS HELP

elijah1210
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

A friend of mine tried to send me a picture over 3G to my phone, however, i couldn't receive it.

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this?

I own the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.

Thanks

EDIT: I`m fairly sure my plan lets me send MMS. I have the Student Plan 200 minutes, 500mB, free weekends and evenings starting at 6pm, Unlimited text messaging, and My5.

Also, for some reason, when i go to wireless usage, i am unable to see my text messaging usage. Not sure if that`s the problem.

***edited labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: CAPTIVATE MMS HELP

wpgsteve
I Plan to Stick Around

how did he try to mms you? via text or?

maybe he cant send mms... try sending one to someone else.

elijah1210
I've Been Here Awhile

Uh i think she tried to send it over 3G.

Also, she sent MMS messages to some other people before so we both know that she can do it.

Does rogers block MMS on some numbers or something? because i ported my number over from pay-as-you-go.

wpgsteve
I Plan to Stick Around

3g is just a type of network, not an mms application.

try sending them a mms via txt message, just attach a photo to your message. be sure to include the area code in the phone number even if it is local.

elijah1210
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried that too, it didn't work

I tried to send a picture and after compressing it said the message was sent. I tested sending it to myself and it said the message was sent however i never received it.

EDIT:

NVM, called rogers, apparently when sending an MMS, it sets up an inbox of some sort online. For some reason, that wasn't automatically happening and as a result my phone couldn't take the message.

RESOLVED hopefully

Blah12345
I've Been Around

On a side note, is there anyway to send an MMS if I have no picture messaging plan? I have a text messaging plan with a data add on for mt Samsung Captivate, using Handcent. I'd like to send MMS through 3G without being charged $0.50 for each MMS I send because a rep said I had to subscribe to a picture messaging plan first if I wanted to avoid charges.