C3-00 can't connect via bluetooth with Macbook Pro

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

C3-00 can't connect via bluetooth with Macbook Pro

I've been able to pair my new Nokia C3-00 with my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.5.8, but when I try to connect using the Nokia I get the error "Service not supported by other device". Any suggestions to get this working? I didn't get a usb cable with the phone, and without bluetooth I have no way to connect to my computer.

Thanks.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: C3-00 can't connect via bluetooth with Macbook Pro

Hi streetcore,

I have found connecting devices to a PC/Mac through bluetooth goes either very smoothly or is a major pain. As long as you are able to connect to other bluetooth devices with the Mac and the device, we know it is a matter of configuration/compatibility.

Most likely you need to have the proper configuration on both devices for them to connect. I suggest asking Nokia directly at 1-888-226-6542 to see if it is even possible.

You need the Nokia PC suite to sync and the Mac version does not yet exist. You can also use any standard USB to Micro USB cable with the C3.

I Plan to Stick Around

I found the solution to my bluetooth problems by downloading the iSync plugin for the C3-00 from the link below:

http://zealouspost.com/nokia-c3-00-isync-plugin

I just did my first sync and also transferred a photo, and everything seems to be working fine.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Great find.

Thanks for the update streetcore.