Buzzing sound on iPhone and muted calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Buzzing sound on iPhone and muted calls

I've been having a recurrent problem with my iPhone 5. Often, my sound gets muted (the mute button has not been pressed) so whoever I am talking to can't hear anything on my end while I can clearly hear them. Sometimes it seems to cut in and out for them, and sometimes it's continuous until they hang up. Also, I often have a low-pitched thumping/buzzing sound coming in my phone that is super annoying - I can hear it, but the person on the other end cannot. 

I assumed it was my phone so had it replaced, but there has been no improvement. Has anyone else had this same issue??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Buzzing sound on iPhone and muted calls

Hello kristimarie

Call Apple support & see what they say. Yea that should not be the touchscreen at all. I hope all the best!.

You are welcome:)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kristimarie

the light sensor aka the screen sensor is most likely not activated properly & when you put your cheek on the screen, it will most likely mute or press other buttons. If you google it, this happens with EVERY device with a touchscreen on them.

As for the buzzing sound, the only time i hear that is when i am near a TV or tower causing the waives to do this. I would call Apple support & see what they say about this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix, I think I will call Apple Suport. I still have the muting when I'm using handsfree with my phone sitting on the table beside me, so I don't think it's the buttons. 

Appreciate your input!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kristimarie

Call Apple support & see what they say. Yea that should not be the touchscreen at all. I hope all the best!.

You are welcome:)

View solution in original post