Breaking Bad On Demand

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Breaking Bad On Demand

Ugh.  I wish Rogers didn't make watching Breaking Bad (and Mad Men, and other AMC shows) so difficult.

There have been people asking for AMC in HD for enough years that I figure mentioning that again would be futile...  (Heck -- I'd be pleased if they even broadcast AMC in proper SD instead of that ugly, dark, compressed excuse for video that they've always played).

But the On Demand issue is extremely frustrating!  It's impossible for me to understand the business decision behind delaying the On Demand episodes by 2 weeks.  Episode #4 is about to air, and the latest episode available On Demand is episode #2.  This poses a real conundrum for anybody who missed ep #3.  This is true to the ridiculous pattern of the last season (at least) as well.

This really really stinks.  Rogers has turned watching my favourite show into an exercise in frustration.  (Which makes it increasingly difficult for me to rationalize paying Rogers for television services).

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Breaking Bad On Demand

Channels, are usualy owned or originaly broadcasted by a particular network.

Lets take SPACE for example.  Its not a rogers network channel.. (i beleive it was bell? might be shaw).
We didnt have space HD for a LONG time, till just a few weeks ago... while bell did already.

Rogers has to pay/arange with the other networks, for these HD feeds.  There could be legal stuff, or just as simple as the other network not wanting to release it yet to another broadcaster.

It is very likely that eventualy anything available in HD, we'll have, but it may take time to get all the channels.

As for the RoD, it is possibly the same thing.. to get the channels, to be able to broadcast them, might take a little time to aquire them.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

GDkitty, you act as though those sorts of negotiations are out of Rogers control, or something that we as customers should ever care about.

"Eventually" has nothing to do with the TV I want to watch tonight, or the garbage that's been going on with Rogers for years.

I don't care what the reasons are, and I certainly don't care about hypothetical reasons.  I just want Rogers to make this better.

Your sig says you're not a Rogers employee...I sure do wonder if you're a Rogers investor though.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other than my monthly bill, I have no money invested in rogers.

I am not saying that you should not care, I am not saying that we shoulnt inquire on things, or ask for more.  I am not saying its fully out of Rogers control, but it partially can be. There are negotiations, etc. it's not like it's oh weaway this channel, press a button, and oh they have it. , 

All I was doing is giving some explanations as to possibly as to why your not seeing it. Rogers has nothing to gain by not putting things up as quickly as possible. So there is likely a reason as to why.

Hopefully they can get it up as quickly as they can for you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The worst part is that the first two episodes aired the immediate Wednesday following the Sunday airdate, just three days afterward, but now the last two episodes (#3 and #4) are behind - #3 is already almost two weeks behind.

How could they get the rights to the first two within days but then it's taking this long to get the most recent two episodes?

And what's the point of getting AMC to watch them, the difference in price is grotesque, and it's not even in HD.

I can't wait for my Rogers contract to end, I hate my services with them.  My digital cable box is slow and even completely unresponsive at times, their prices are horrible, all they care about is getting money from you.

They have a promotion on right now where you can get MPix, TMN and HBO for 25% off for a year right now.  I call them to see if I can sign up for this deal but they won't let me because I'm already subscribed to TMN and HBO.  And if I took those channels off in order to sign up for the deal, they won't let me sign up for THREE MONTHS.  That's disgusting.  (I should mention the rep was very nice and had very good customer service - though that's also rare for Rogers, the reps are mostly awful and not very well-informed).

And if I want to get SPACE added to my channel line-up, I have to sign up for a whole bunch of other channels I don't want and pay almost $50 more than I'm paying now.  Thanks, Rogers! Thanks for wholeheartedly committing me to absolutely never signing up for anything with you again after my contracts end.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

50 to add space? That doesnt sound right.

They most should be 30, If you were going from basic basic (at around $30 / month) vs VIP at 60+. VIP cable package includes space.

Just be aware, at anywhere you go, it's very similar. The prices you see upfront, are usually the one year contract price, etc. same with the boxes, free! For the first year, etc.
When you compare package to package (closest comparable lineup), at the price you would be paying after promotions, they are usually with under $10 of each other

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty I am sorry to say this but you speak like you have shares in the company, you never seem to be negative about Rogers, your always putting the other competitors down as if you knew them so well, Seriously man, get with it, stop defending Rogers as much as you do, let people vent and let them speak what is on their minds, as soon as someone says something bad about rogers or speak of leaving you attack them like you OWN rogers, give it a rest dude, you sound terrible at times. Let people do what they want to do if they want to leave rogers then let them, I made that move and i could not be any happier.. it was the best thing I ever did.

As for Rogers they take forever to acquire channels, their main concern is servicing all these other ethnic groups, people have enough indian and punjabi and chinese channels, come on, there are more international channels in toronto then their are in their country of origin. How about rogers getting channels people really want and need??? Bell has all the HD channels possibly available, and dont come using your uncle as an excuse, you never had Fibe cause it isnt available in your area, thats fine but stop putting other competitors down to make rogers look like its the BEST!!! the rest of the customers know its not true... my last word here is, people, dont be afraid to try different competitors, at least give them a try, hey they cant be any worse then what rogers is... so stop listening to Gkiddy and his affiliates with rogers and do what you think is right to do, im sorry I just got tired of rewading Gdkitty's comments and negativeness towards anyone other then Rogers... Thanks all

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

joeyferriera, he does NOT sound like he has shares in the company at all, GDkitty sounds like a knowledgable guy who is respected on these forums. maybe its hard to believe there are nice people out there who like helping people but believe it, I am one of them too, I do not get paid to answre questions on here from people, I may not know the answer to everyones problems, but I TRY to help out instead of critizing and acusing people.  You should try it, it does not hurt to volunteer and help out someone some time, even if u may not know the answer, atleast try suggesting something.  this world would be a better place if there were more Gdkittys and myself on here.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I too am pissed with the delay in getting Breaking Bad on demand. I work nights and am enroute to work when the show airs on Sunday, and no longer have a PVR so I rely on the OnDemand service to watch the show. I never have a problem watching True Blood on the HBO on demand channel, it's there the very next morning. Sometimes I wondering they are doing this to get more customers renting PVRs
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

joeyferreira wrote:

Gdkitty I am sorry to say this but you speak like you have shares in the company, you never seem to be negative about Rogers, your always putting the other competitors down as if you knew them so well, Seriously man, get with it, stop defending Rogers as much as you do, let people vent and let them speak what is on their minds, as soon as someone says something bad about rogers or speak of leaving you attack them like you OWN rogers, give it a rest dude, you sound terrible at times. Let people do what they want to do if they want to leave rogers then let them, I made that move and i could not be any happier.. it was the best thing I ever did.

As for Rogers they take forever to acquire channels, their main concern is servicing all these other ethnic groups, people have enough indian and punjabi and chinese channels, come on, there are more international channels in toronto then their are in their country of origin. How about rogers getting channels people really want and need??? Bell has all the HD channels possibly available, and dont come using your uncle as an excuse, you never had Fibe cause it isnt available in your area, thats fine but stop putting other competitors down to make rogers look like its the BEST!!! the rest of the customers know its not true... my last word here is, people, dont be afraid to try different competitors, at least give them a try, hey they cant be any worse then what rogers is... so stop listening to Gkiddy and his affiliates with rogers and do what you think is right to do, im sorry I just got tired of rewading Gdkitty's comments and negativeness towards anyone other then Rogers... Thanks all

If you read all my replys.. i will often agree with people that some things need to change, be fixed, etc.
But yes, as Pauly said.. i try to HELP people.  I try to give explanations as to WHY things are or arent.  Does that necessarily fix or help the poster? Not always.. but its an explantion to WHY its happening.. not weither its RIGHT or WRONG thats it happening. I do not attack anyone.. i post information.

Do i agree with rogers aquiring more international stuff, even though i dont watch it? Sure! Using your toronto area for example.. do you realise, statisticaly, that there are more ineternational people living in the toronto area than your W.A.S.P. currently?

"Getting the people what they want and need" - are these people not rogers customers as much as everyone else?

Does bell have some more HD channels that rogers.  Sure.

Do i not have fibe? Nope, as its not in my area. 

WHen people mention switching, i do not say NO DONT.  I say it their choice.  But i make sure that they are informed.
Seeing someone post OMG FIBE IS AWESOME, is great, enough for someone to rather than get their problem resolved, just drop companies to switch.... before they realise, that Fibe has a very limited area right now.

Do i know anything about the other competators? Yes.  I had bell satalite for just over a year at my previous house.  18 tech calls in 3 months, problem was never resolved, constant outages.
Rogers, I had a bit of an issue for a month+ recently with the TV... had to swap a few bad 8300 boxes.  But my phone and internet service, in 6 years, has never once gone out or had a speed issue.

Does that make me want to praise rogers, over the competator? Yes.   Just as someone else has a bad experince, i am allowed to say "hey, my experience with rogers is great"

TL;DR

For anyone that reads this..  I agree with Joey's last line.  You do what you have to do and think is right.

But just because someones experince is bad, does not mean ALL is bad.  Just switching to a competator, will not necessarily solve all your problems.  Do your research (look at ALL the info..  the big shineys are great to draw you in, even rogers has them, but look at your pricing, etc AFTER that), and in the end do whats right.

I am just here, to help provide some information/insight as to my knoledge on the topic.. and to help fix problems, when i can.