Bought used Iphone on kijiji...Help?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Bought used Iphone on kijiji...Help?

Hello, 

Call me stupid, call me naive, but I bought a used Iphone off of Kijiji. (Montreal) Now the guy said it was bought from FIDO. So now I bought a SIM card from Rogers to see if it would work even though the guy said it was a FIDO phone. It said "Invalid SIM card." At this point, i'm just hoping it's not a stolen/lost iphone. 

So now what do I do now? Do I have no choice but to get the phone jailbroken by a third party? What are my options here? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. I apologize if there's a really simple solution, hehe. 

Lemme know!

Thanks!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bought used Iphone on kijiji...Help?

You need to get the phone unlocked, not jailbroken. It can be done through Fido, but I believe you have to be the Fido account holder for the phone. And it costs $50.

Or you can find a less legit party to do it.  Not sure about the rules on this forum regarding unlocking discussions, so you can Google it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hmm okok, so say I get it unlocked by a third party. After if I put in my Rogers SIM card it should work? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It should work after but be careful when unlocking it. There have been many in that it bricked the phone. Make sure the person that will unlock the phone, knows how to do it.