Booking a line burial appointment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DantheMan007
I Plan to Stick Around

Booking a line burial appointment

I booked a line burial appointment to have a temporary line put underground.  It's been hanging from the back fence across to the house around the garage etc. since January.  After agreeing on a day and time I was told that someone would have to be there and that they would be calling to confirm so somebody would have to be home.  Well they came, said they couldn't bury it and that a special crew would have to come to do it.  I was furious.  After calling the Customer Care department and speaking with James I was told that nobody needs to be home and nobody need answer a phone call to have this done.  Really?  Maybe someone should tell the people that book the appointments.  Also, says James now that the first guy has been there and determined that the line has to be buried ( I explained all this when booking the appointment) they have from anytime in May until whenever they feel like coming to, to bury the line.  No one needs to be home and nobody will call to confirm.  What! 

Why does the "Customer Care" department know things that are essential for the install department to know and not share this little tidbit?

I'm so frustrated with Rogers I could just spit.  The level of knowledge that their staff have is so far below what is necessary it borders on criminal.  If you're taking money from people for a service you're providing than you had better teach your staff how to do their job properly. 

I came away from the customer care conversation wanting to cancel my service in fact I asked him to transfer me to that department and he said he was unable to do that.  It had to be done by a manager.  Basically I had to call in again and start over.

Good job Rogers!  You got me all worked up.  You win!

Dan

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Booking a line burial appointment

When/if you call back, try to get to a manager.. and get transfered to the cable burry department.

Dont remember what they are called.. but there is a seperate one.
I was able to get transfered to them when i had an issue about a burrial, and they were eventually able to get it resloved.

Correct, that no one needs to be there when they do it.. other than disconecting your line for a short period.. there is no effect.. they do it all outside.

(THOUGH, if you do get a date.. might be worth being there.  As i say 'eventually' got solved for mine, the guy was great and got an apointment 2 weeks out from the call.  When the day came, came home and no hanging temp line.. but no disturbance on the lawn either.  I had monitored WHAT cables were mine in the box at the street, etc.. and they had just re-attached the OLD bad line.

now Rogers in most areas use a 3rd party company to do the burrial.. and that 3rd party company BILLED rogers that they laid 130 ft. (which it isnt even that far).  Had that guy and a manager from the burrial out to show them... got the guy who lied fired, and they then got it done PROPERLY)

rick0415
I've Been Here Awhile

About 6 weeks ago after repeated problems with WIFI dropping off a technician was sent out to investigate. He determined that water was getting into the buried cable. He started to dig up the lawn with a shovel but ran into a chunk of concrete he couldn't get around. He decided he would have to send in the heavy lifters to be able to dig up the cable. His interim solution was to run a length of cable from my neighbours box across their porch roof across our driveway and connected to our box.

Fast forward about 4 weeks and still no word from the people who are supposed to dig up and repair the cable (scheduled for June 24th). Turns out they are waiting for Permits/Locates.

Fast forward again to Tuesday 7/29/14. A technician comes out to my neighbours to hook up high speed Internet for their upstairs tennants. He sees the extra lenth of cable hooked to a splitter and doesn't think it's being used for anything and cuts it. There goes my internet and cable. After several calls over a day and a half a technician shows up this morning, reconnects the original cable at my house to my box (and leaves about 10 feet of cable hanging off the porch.

Now the guys who will dig up the old cable are still coming. I'm not comfortable with what ever it is they will try to do.

FredBao
I'm Here A Lot

Line from our home connected to our neighbour.

last year one of your technician connected a cable line from our box to our neighbours without notify us. This cable is just cross over our walkway to our door which made us very difficulty wo move stuff out or in. We call customer service at least twice.Last time a technician came and promised us Roger will fix this problem no late than May 2017. Now it's end of August. No any signs shows us Roger will solve this problem for us.

We want roger remove this cable ASAP.

Thanks

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@FredBao wrote:

Line from our home connected to our neighbour.

last year one of your technician connected a cable line from our box to our neighbours without notify us. This cable is just cross over our walkway to our door which made us very difficulty wo move stuff out or in. We call customer service at least twice.Last time a technician came and promised us Roger will fix this problem no late than May 2017. Now it's end of August. No any signs shows us Roger will solve this problem for us.

We want roger remove this cable ASAP.

Thanks

@FredBao Send a PM to @CommunityHelps explains the situation, they are a great team that will look into it for you.

FredBao
I'm Here A Lot

Please remove the cable.
Details in My previous post
Thanks
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FredBao

This is a community forum. No one here other then the MOD and Rogers staff have access to your account which you need to give your information to then so they can access.

You will need to contact @CommunityHelps which can access your account and help you with this. Message them and they should help. They are an amazing team!
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@FredBao

Definitely, contact community helps - they are very good at doing their best to move this along.

You may want to get your neighbour to contact them too, since it is their service line you are dealing with.

One thing that intrigues me in reading your post though - if you saying they hooked into your box, I am thinking the one at the side of your house, not the node on the city/town owned land near the road - they have free right of access to that area and we are kind of powerless to them to moved that burial order until they choose to get it done.

Now if they come up to the box at your house, they do have easement rights to walk up to and work from the demarcation box on their side, but if the wire then crosses from there over your walkway on your land, that they don't have a right to do without your permission - they can run it straight back to the roadway, and run it like just down the road from me - up a tree, across to two other trees, then up to the neighbours - that one is coming from one of the green nodes though, not the other home's demarcation box.

Funny thing is that the cable has been cut twice by the town road crews as it has been there for quite a while, and they come in two to three times a summer and cut back branches from those trees which are town owned, and trim back branches that overhang the road or sidewalks, and they had hung the cable on the branches they cut back.

But that story aside, that was just for the humour of it all, your situation is not humourous, and I know from reading your earlier posts that you have worked hard in attempting to get this task done, hopefully community helps can expedite it.  You have been at this far too long, from my perspective.

If that doesn't provide results, I would work up the escalation process fairly quickly.  If you have called customer service twice without result, you can now move it up to a management team, the president's office, then to CCTC or Ombudsman - you will find the escalation process on your bill.

You start it, if you need to, by going from MyRogers - report a concern.

I hope that community helps gets it expedited quickly, if not, don't bother with CSR's, move up the levels and accept nothing but a clear date as to when it is being done.

You may also want to contact the town if it is running on town property.  The companies doe have easement rights, but they also have responsibilities related to completion of reinstating any area to its original state.

Good luck, Bruce

FredBao
I'm Here A Lot

Hi  Bruce

Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely contact them you mentioned in your post.

Here is some pictures I took.

I have no idea why & how Rogers end up came to do this without notify me. And after complaining promised to solve this issue in May which Rogers failed.

I do not think I should contact my neighbour. How I explain this issue to them? That is not their fault either.

Thanks

Fred

20170820_112743.jpg20170820_112752.jpg20170820_112810.jpg20170820_112846.jpg

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Looking at those pictures - definitely, they have far exceeded their easement access rights - running a cable up and over your roof, up along the side of your hose is well outside their rights to access to your property.

I only mentioned your neighbour because it is actually their service, not yours, but I would take those pictures and send them via a concern and say you want to this taken care of immediately, as this repair to your neighbour's service access has overstepped any easement rights.

I can't understand why they pulled it from your cabling - they could have pulled it from the green mushroom junction boxes at the end of the property line at the road and been well within their rights.  Your house is not a place to run their cabling over period.

Good luck - escalate this one quickly you have gone way too long and it should never have been done this way.

From my recent bill:

Escalation;

INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you have a concern that was not resolved, then we invite you to submit
a Share A Concern form (located at
www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern) and we'll respond
within 1 business day. If you're not satisfied with the resolution by one
of our management team members, then you also have the option to speak to
our office of the president or even directly with the Ombudsman office.
Finally, you can also write to the Commissioner for Complaints for
Telecommunications Services (CCTS): www.ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888-221-1687

Hope Community Helps can expedite it, but if not - escalate it. The techs may think they have free access to run wire wherever they want, but that section is your property - their access is the wire coming up the pole from the ground to the demarcation box, and back to the road to the common node for 8 homes.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Bruce