Bold 9900 - charging issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Bold 9900 - charging issues

hi,

i tried to see if anyone has posted this issue before but couldn't find anything here.  just wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem with charging their 9900. 

when i first got the my bberry i had no issues with it whatsoever.  then about 3 weeks ago, when i tried to charge it using the USB via the wall charger provided, i received a message saying that the phone is connected to an unrecognized source.  after i got that i tried to charge it via USB connection. it still didn't charge.  i did a battery pull and tried again and it charged.  now it's happening more frequently such that each time i need to charge it regardless of which method - i need to do a battery pull for the phone to initiate charging.  i only use the chargers that came with the phone.

if anyone has any solutions to this issue would like to know.

thanks

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Bold 9900 - charging issues

It could be that you damaged the charging port by accident. I have seen this issue with the 9300 before. Sometimes on devices if you try to plug it in a wall outlet or something that does not recognize the device it will SOMETIMES ruin the charging cycle.  I never had this issue with my bold 9900 because i never gotten that msg on my screen.  You can always call Rogers tech support ( *611 free from your device) Tell them the issue you are having & what you are trying to do. They will then send you a replacement device free of charge to you & you need to send back the device. If you bought the Bold from somewhere else then you are stuck with this problem until you go to a cell phone store & them fix it for you but it will cost money. Best bet if you got the phone from Rogers is like i said Call them & speak to Tech support

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix wrote:

They will then send you a replacement device free of charge to you & you need to send back the device.

This is not 100% correct. If the device is unable to be fixed through troubleshooting, the agent will typically refer you to the store to send the device for repair. I recently had this done with one of my phones and can confirm that this was the free warranty option available. As far as I understand it having a replacement device shipped to you would entail a charge. The best thing to do would be to speak to Technical Support and see what troubleshooting, and if needed, warranty options are available to you.

Goodluck!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Stupid phone. Sorry for the late edit i can not edit threw my phone.. Anyways My appolizes Wise D is right. Rogers used to offer the replacement that i got but it changed. You need to contact Rogers tech support & speak to them about it more. They will tell you everything you need to know.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation