cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Text from specific user - help!

aca00774
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi There,

My boyfriend and I are receiving texts from someone we don't wish to have contact with.

We have two different phones and plan types:

I have a pay as you go plan - when I try to send a text of the number to 7726 it tells me I cannot send the text and it fails to send everytime I retry. Is this feature not available to paygo customers?

My boyfriend has an old razr but a regular plan/without internet access (can't remember the plan name but he's not paygo)  - if he texts a message with the number in it to 7726 will that stop the texts from coming?

Thanks for any help,

A

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocking Text from specific user - help!

Chester
I'm Here A Lot

Hello, the only thing I could find in my account about it is if you have Extreme Text Messaging, that option is opened up for you.

Go to  www.rogers.com/messaging

Select 'Extreme Text Messages' in your account.

The hit 'Blocker', then you can put in the specific number you want blocked.

If that dosn't work, maybe call in to tech and see if they have a program for this, or maybe just changed your phone number if that's an option for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chester
I'm Here A Lot

Hello, the only thing I could find in my account about it is if you have Extreme Text Messaging, that option is opened up for you.

Go to  www.rogers.com/messaging

Select 'Extreme Text Messages' in your account.

The hit 'Blocker', then you can put in the specific number you want blocked.

If that dosn't work, maybe call in to tech and see if they have a program for this, or maybe just changed your phone number if that's an option for you.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks Chester.

I tried to use the above-mentioned method on my iPhone and it worked fine...until I got to the part where I had to enter in the number to block. I couldn't touch any of the fields to actually enter one in! I could scroll, I could add additional fields, all the other buttons worked, but no numbers could be entered. Can someone please fix this so I can use this feature. Thanks.

RogersGina
Hi celeste514,
Did you try from a computer rather than mobile?
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation