Block # numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tupput
I've Been Here Awhile

Block # numbers

Received my bill and was charged 39.99 for a # number that was dialed from my phone.   My son uses the phone, he let one of his loser friends use the phone and the loser did it.  Was a paid chat line.   Phone customer care to verify and to block it from being dialed again.  Told there's no block available.    They  have a block available for the premium sms scam why not the # number.    Right now my only option is to suspend the phone so no one can use it but I still have to pay the montly service fee. 

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Block # numbers

Hello @tupput

Which device is your son using? Most devices have built in settings with can block a number from being called or receiving any calls from including text messages. Also there is a plenty of apps on the app store whoch will block numbers as well. In all i am sure they can block a number but its under the Extreme texting services which are offered.
tupput
I've Been Here Awhile

It's a # number that was dialed, android, theres nothing in the settings to block outgoing calls, just incoming.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tupput

Click on your Phone icon, Press the number that they dialed & add it on the reject list. This should also block any outgoing calls.
RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @tupput

I just wanted to follow up and see if you still need our help, if so let us know and we'll have someone reach out to you from our @CommunityHelps via PM

RogersAliciaG