Blackberry pre order

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry pre order

With all Apples fruity buzz all the time, i think its time we get our own pre ordered fruit basket!  Yes I am a blackberry user, and have been since 2006.  First through business, now student and business/personal; the release of bb10 is big.  We loyal customers should have a pre order for what we think is a great mobile smart phone aswell.  Do you think we can start pre orders for the later January or early Feburary release of bb10?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Blackberry pre order

Everything, including the release date, will be announced on January 30th.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/11/blackberry-10-launch-event/

Cheers.  🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dadeeee07

At this moment, there is no info on when the Blackberry 10 smartphones will arrive. When they get announced, Rogers will put them up for reservation threw My Rogers account. You can also pre order them at any Rogers Authorized dealership.

The pre orders & reservation ONLY happen when the device has been announced by the Manufacturer & the carrier. Seeing as both of them have NOT said anything yet, the reservations / pre orders will not happen until then. January 30th is the announcement of the phone, not the release. The release will most likely happen a few week after the announcement. Apple & all the carriers ONLY opened the reservations when the phone has been announced & 1 week later. This will most likely happen with the Blackberry as well.

Also remember, the carrier can NOT open a reservation or pre order as the Manufactor has NOT yet announced the device. No specs / name NOR device has been announced yet. All the devices you are seeing, are the Dev Alpha device in which i have in my hands. ( step brother works for RIM).

If anything, i could see most of the carriers open the reservation a week or so after the announcement from RIM. Once Rogers announces that they are going to carry it, they will add it on the Device Reservation list. This will let Currect customers reserve the device.

In the end, no one knows what will happen. Hopefully Rogers opens up the reservations / pre orders once it gets announced.

Highlighted

Everything, including the release date, will be announced on January 30th.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/11/blackberry-10-launch-event/

Cheers.  🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

Thanks for you link:).

Yes everything will be announced BUT they most likely will NOT announce when the carriers will release them. WE can not assume they are going to announce the pre orders / reservations on that date for every carrier in the world.  RIM is ONLY going to announce the phone & the release date from RIM. The carriers are the ones who are going to announce when the pre orders / reservations will open. The carriers are the ones to announce WHEN the phone will get released on the carriers network / line up.  This is something RIM most likely will not announce.

It all depends on when the carriers will want to release the phone & how they will release then. Remember, Rogers is far behind when releasing phones. They release phones after the rest of the world does with the expeption of the iPhone. RIM is not going that way in any way believe me.

The ONLY way to find out about Rogers pre orders / reservations, is when Rogers announces it AFTER the announcement of RIM announcing the phone.

Highlighted

What you say is true.  Let's hope it won't be long after that before we can get our hands on them.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Great! Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.  Today I saw someone post that they are taking orders now. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dadeee007

Yup that is correct:). I made a thread called " Blackberry 10 questions / Reservation number" here is the link for anyone to post at it. Any post please post in there.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/BlackBerry_devices/thread-id/257...