Blackberry SIM into Android Smartphone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elle
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry SIM into Android Smartphone?

Can I simply purchase a new phone and put my SIM card into it and go merrily on my way to keeping my existing plan?  

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry SIM into Android Smartphone?

Hello Elle

If the plan is no longer provided to new customers they may add an extra fee BUT the best thing you can do is contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers & Twitter @RogersHelps. They should be able to give you more insight.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Elle

If your blackberry has a regular size sim card & the android phone u get needs a micro sim card, you will need to go to your local Rogers store & get a micro sim card for $9.99+ tax. Once you get it, ask them to activate it on your account. The plan & other features will not be touched at all.
Elle
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks... is that true even though the plan I have now is not currently being offered to new subscribers... and Rogers is now charging a monthly line fee of $50 which I am not paying?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Elle

If the plan is no longer provided to new customers they may add an extra fee BUT the best thing you can do is contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers & Twitter @RogersHelps. They should be able to give you more insight.

View solution in original post

Elle
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Elle

You are very welcome! 🙂