cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Passport

lord_meren
I've Been Around

I'm wondering if anyone know if and when Rogers will put up the device reservation page up for the new Blackberry passport?  According to the information going around, the device will be launched on Sept 24, and available in Canada on October 1st.

***Edited Labels.***

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Blackberry Passport

BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Make no mistake, the responsibility lies entirely on Rogers to carry the phone. For Rogers to say that it's BlackBerry's responsibility is absurd.

If BlackBerry had its way, every carrier in every country would carry its phones. If BlackBerry is to held accountable for anything in this situation, it would perhaps be not having enough stock on hand at launch to ensure that every carrier gets some units. That being said, it's still up to Rogers to educate its sales staff about what the Passport is all about and that clearly hasn't happened.

I predict that once Rogers gets some stock, it'll offer it online only (but that's just a guess).

Cheers.  🙂

cohste
I've Been Here Awhile

are there any stores at all in Toronto that have a Blackberry Passport available in inventory??   Please let me know. thanks

BillJ

I believe our Resident Expert @Meowmix is from the Toronto area so hopefully he can shed some light on this subject. I still think it'll be available online only but I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Cheers.  🙂

cohste
I've Been Here Awhile
thanks very much. sent a PM and awaiting a reply

GCT
I've Been Here Awhile

Morning Everyone

Has anyone had any updates on the passport yet, sitting at 159 on the reservation system to pick up in kitchener

but anyone i talk to knows nothing about when they will get some, i am guessing that each store only got a few on

release day.If anyone has any info i would appreciate it

Thanks

George

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cohste

It seems the stores ONLY got a few it for the reps. The reps either took it for them selfs or sold them.

Indeed it seems the Passport is ONLY available via the reservation system which honestly i find really silly. Rogers supports Blackberry but can not give the stores lets say 4 of each color to sell. Then people wonder why Blackberry is not making any money its because of this.

BillJ

My local Rogers store says it'll be getting some in about four weeks. If you're patient, it's nice to know that at least they're on their way. This goes against my guess of the Passport being available only online from Rogers.

Cheers.  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BillJ

Good to hear! Maybe in the start it was made for the reservation only but they changed their minds? Rememeber take everything a rep says with a grain of salt until u see it as many reps give false information I noticed

McCrea
I've Been Around

No Rogers Blackberry Passport available in Quebec city, but plenty of Telus one... come one Rogers, do something...

blueman01
I've Been Around

I'm trying to figure out why I bothered to reserve a Passport???

I've been waiting for weeks with only a single update from Rogers. So yesterday I checked online and it says that it has shipped. So I called my local Rogers store to see if it has arrived yet and they said that mine hasn't come in - but get this - if I want to forfeit my $40 reservation fee I can come in and pick one up today. They have a bunch of them in the store.

WHAT??? Shouldn't Rogers be making sure that all of the reserved phones are in peoples hands before they sell them in the store? It's like they are trying to lose me as a customer on purpose!

BillJ

I would go to the Rogers store and pick one up then call Rogers (again!) and claim the $40 on your next bill. There's no way they won't refund it once you explain the situation to them. They messed up so let them correct their mistake without you having to wait for your phone to arrive.

Cheers.  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello blueman01

The store can NOT tell you that. The $40 will be credited back to your account once you cancel the reservation or if it ships out from the warehouse. You can go pick a device up from any store you like & do the upgrade & either cancel the reservation if its OPEN or let it ship out & then it will be credited it too you.

Calling Rogers will not do anything to give u the $40 back. The store can let u do the upgrade to the stock they have.

While that is true, the reservation system does NOT guaranty that you will get the device before anyone else or at launch.

BillJ

@Meowmix wrote:

Calling Rogers will not do anything to give u the $40 back. 

I've only dealt with the online reservation system once for my Z30 but since it's a central system administered by the Rogers head office, they would see to the refund if the amount was still outstanding and a complaint was made.

Other than that, I agree with everything you've said.

Cheers.  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BillJ

They could see the refund the $40 back BUT they will put a credit on your account that if another $40 credit for the reservation fee goes in, to take it out as u already got one.

Other then that they can not do much.

Jhansen
I've Been Around
Wow, I would love to be able to find a Passport. Been to many stores, no displays and no stock. Best answer yet, we don't know when we're getting them either. Terrible.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jhansen

The store reps have no idea when they will get devices in stock. They put a order to have them send phones but it all depends when the warehouse gets them in & how many each store will get or even if they get any. They have no idea when they will receive phones either

Circus_boi
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea when Rogers will get the WHITE Passport?  Would rather avoid getting an unlocked one (and pay the full price) directly from Blackberry but not sure how long I have to wait for Rogers to get the WHITE ones?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Circus_boi

Unfortunately there is no time frame when Rogers will get the white one. That information will become available when they release it and announce it.