Blackberry Passport

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Blackberry Passport

I'm trying to figure out why I bothered to reserve a Passport???

I've been waiting for weeks with only a single update from Rogers. So yesterday I checked online and it says that it has shipped. So I called my local Rogers store to see if it has arrived yet and they said that mine hasn't come in - but get this - if I want to forfeit my $40 reservation fee I can come in and pick one up today. They have a bunch of them in the store.

WHAT??? Shouldn't Rogers be making sure that all of the reserved phones are in peoples hands before they sell them in the store? It's like they are trying to lose me as a customer on purpose!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I would go to the Rogers store and pick one up then call Rogers (again!) and claim the $40 on your next bill. There's no way they won't refund it once you explain the situation to them. They messed up so let them correct their mistake without you having to wait for your phone to arrive.

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello blueman01

The store can NOT tell you that. The $40 will be credited back to your account once you cancel the reservation or if it ships out from the warehouse. You can go pick a device up from any store you like & do the upgrade & either cancel the reservation if its OPEN or let it ship out & then it will be credited it too you.

Calling Rogers will not do anything to give u the $40 back. The store can let u do the upgrade to the stock they have.

While that is true, the reservation system does NOT guaranty that you will get the device before anyone else or at launch.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

Calling Rogers will not do anything to give u the $40 back. 

I've only dealt with the online reservation system once for my Z30 but since it's a central system administered by the Rogers head office, they would see to the refund if the amount was still outstanding and a complaint was made.

Other than that, I agree with everything you've said.

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

They could see the refund the $40 back BUT they will put a credit on your account that if another $40 credit for the reservation fee goes in, to take it out as u already got one.

Other then that they can not do much.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wow, I would love to be able to find a Passport. Been to many stores, no displays and no stock. Best answer yet, we don't know when we're getting them either. Terrible.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jhansen

The store reps have no idea when they will get devices in stock. They put a order to have them send phones but it all depends when the warehouse gets them in & how many each store will get or even if they get any. They have no idea when they will receive phones either
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea when Rogers will get the WHITE Passport?  Would rather avoid getting an unlocked one (and pay the full price) directly from Blackberry but not sure how long I have to wait for Rogers to get the WHITE ones?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Circus_boi

Unfortunately there is no time frame when Rogers will get the white one. That information will become available when they release it and announce it.