Blackberry Passport

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Blackberry Passport

How is it that the Blackberry Passport was launched almost two weeks ago yet no one at Rogers either over the telephone or at Rogers stores can tell me anything about when this device will be available?  There is absolutely no marketing for the Passport in any Rogers store, nor is there a demo in any of the 5 different Rogers stores that I have visited.  Everyone I have spoken to at Rogers is completely CLUELESS when it comes to anything to do with the BB Passport.  Rogers employees being clueless is not something new so i guess I shouldn't be surprised!  I sent a tweet to Blackberry and they reply that it's the carrier's responsibility to stock the device.  I tweet Rogers and they replied that it's Blackberry's responsibility (or fault).  There are people like myself eagerly waiting to purchase this device but Rogers is too busy pushing iphones to care. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Make no mistake, the responsibility lies entirely on Rogers to carry the phone. For Rogers to say that it's BlackBerry's responsibility is absurd.

If BlackBerry had its way, every carrier in every country would carry its phones. If BlackBerry is to held accountable for anything in this situation, it would perhaps be not having enough stock on hand at launch to ensure that every carrier gets some units. That being said, it's still up to Rogers to educate its sales staff about what the Passport is all about and that clearly hasn't happened.

I predict that once Rogers gets some stock, it'll offer it online only (but that's just a guess).

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

are there any stores at all in Toronto that have a Blackberry Passport available in inventory??   Please let me know. thanks

Highlighted

I believe our Resident Expert @Meowmix is from the Toronto area so hopefully he can shed some light on this subject. I still think it'll be available online only but I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks very much. sent a PM and awaiting a reply
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Morning Everyone

Has anyone had any updates on the passport yet, sitting at 159 on the reservation system to pick up in kitchener

but anyone i talk to knows nothing about when they will get some, i am guessing that each store only got a few on

release day.If anyone has any info i would appreciate it

Thanks

George

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cohste

It seems the stores ONLY got a few it for the reps. The reps either took it for them selfs or sold them.

Indeed it seems the Passport is ONLY available via the reservation system which honestly i find really silly. Rogers supports Blackberry but can not give the stores lets say 4 of each color to sell. Then people wonder why Blackberry is not making any money its because of this.

My local Rogers store says it'll be getting some in about four weeks. If you're patient, it's nice to know that at least they're on their way. This goes against my guess of the Passport being available only online from Rogers.

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

Good to hear! Maybe in the start it was made for the reservation only but they changed their minds? Rememeber take everything a rep says with a grain of salt until u see it as many reps give false information I noticed
Highlighted
I've Been Around

No Rogers Blackberry Passport available in Quebec city, but plenty of Telus one... come one Rogers, do something...