Blackberry Bold 9900 or Nexus 4?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry Bold 9900 or Nexus 4?

I am currently using my bold 9900 that's been on contract for a little over a year now (with 2 years left to go). I am quite bored of the phone and it's been running pretty slow lately. Do you guys think that I should continue using my bold 9900 or buy the Nexus 4? How long would the Nexus 4 last, seeing how phone technology is rapidly advancing nowadays?

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 or Nexus 4?

Hello ud4444

Well both devices are great. I own the Bold 9900 for around a year now. Yes it is slow & has a few issues BUT every single phone has problems right?

Now on the technology part. Samsung is coming out with the S4 sometime in Feb & also Sony & LG & Motorola are coming out with more powerful newer phones as well. The Nexus line is a great line BUT need i remind you that The Samsung Galaxy Nexus ( Canadian version) waited so LONG for the updates compare to this states. IF you search on Google & on here you will see this as well.

Blackberry is supposed to come out with their Blackberry 10 smartphone is Q1. This phone is supposed to be powerful with a new UI & such. It all depends if you want a phone now or wait until a few months.

If the bold is lasting you & has yet had MAJOR issues, i suggest just keeping it until later on.

It also depends on which sofware you like. Do you like the Android platform? Or do you like the Blackberry platform? I find that both are very good. Blackberry has had most of the features that Android has now & that the blackberry does last on falls & damage where a lot of times Androids do not last that good without a case. Also Blackberry does have the best emailing / keyboard on any phone out there.

It all comes down to preference & what you like.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 or Nexus 4?

Thanks a lot for your input Meowmix. I do not have any major problems with my phone so I think I'll wait until Q1 2013 to see what's available then.