Blackberry 9300 shutting off and has to reboot

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blackberry 9300 shutting off and has to reboot

my blackberry curve 9300 has begun to shut down intermittently and can't be turned on again unless plugged into a power source. its not the battery, it does this on a full charge. Not much of a mobile phone if I have to keep it plugged in constantly. If a call comes in it shuts off and always has to reboot to start up again.

I've performed a clean reload and all available updates.

***edited labels***

n

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackberry 9300 shutting off and has to reboot

How old is the phone? Have you spoken with technical support?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you are still in warranty i would contact Rogers tech support & have them send you out a replacement ( same 9300 as yours) for a $35 & you send them yours back. Also if you want & still are under the warranty you can go to the Rogers plus store & have them sent it in repair for you. This can take up to 2-3 weeks

If you are not in warranty then i would take it to a cellphone store & have them look at it. You could also just try & get another 9300 seeing as they are $100 outright now from Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same problem, my 9300 would shut down intermitantly and wouldnt reboot unless plugged in.  This sometimes happend within hours of removing from charger and no use in between.  I purchased a new aftermarket battery and havent had the problem since.