Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Hello rogersguy77

I do NOT work for Rogers. Thus I can NOT add anything on their home page or reservation page. This is a known issue as people tried reserving the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy Note 2 had troubles with IE9 and yet Rogers never fixed it. I guess they think its better we use another browser.

I do agree with you tho they should add it to work.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I'm pretty sure I've had no issues with IE9 and the reservation system, but I may have enabled compatibility mode in IE9.

I'll check tonight to see if it actually works for me, but I know I've had zero issues with Firefox or Chrome.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

It may work BUT many others on the Apple iPhone 5 and Note 2 reservation threads have had issues using IE9 with the reserving the phones. Its a known issue Rogers knows about for months. Even on their facebook months ago they said it.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Well if it works for me, and I just confirmed it does, no reason why others can't successfully use it either. Just need to enable compatibility view.  Slight nuisance, but not out of the norm for IE.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

There you go. No one knew about that. Rogers never said anything about putting it in compatibility mode. Also not everyone knows this. You must understand that as well. Not everyone is tech savvy like you and I.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers opened up reservations for the bb10 only to non-business customers. They told me that business consumers have to wait. What's the point! What idiot thought of that! The reason people buy Berries is because it is a business tool. I'm very frustrated and I'm amazed that the person or committee that thought of the idea of blocking business customers from reserving this phone has beat natural selection. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello roadbully

It could be that they are having difficulty doing it for the business side. I do tho agree that they should be able to open up the reservation system for the business side as businesses use Blackberries as well. I would like to hear more from Rogers BUT they do not comment on this stuff which sucks. I will contact them & speak to a Manager & i will also take it on the Rogers Facebook & twitter pages.

I am sorry for your inconvenience:(

EDIT -
I found the link you need to do it with. This will let you sign up & send you a email about it tho.

http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/products/wireless/BB10/

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi, I can upgrade on the 19th of January but I reserved my BB10 phone. Will they do the new upgrade at the store when they contact me to come pick it up? #857 😞 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello babysakic

Yes they will do it at the store!. The phone will be shipped to the store you picked it to go to. Once you go pick it up, they will ask you what you want to do. Tell them you want to do a simple upgrade & you are set:)
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello babysakic

Yes they will do it at the store!. The phone will be shipped to the store you picked it to go to. Once you go pick it up, they will ask you what you want to do. Tell them you want to do a simple upgrade & you are set:)

Just to avoid any confusion, your BB 10 upgrade will be done at the store but not before January 30th (and probably not even then).  I wasn't sure if your were asking about getting a BB 10 when your upgrade is available.  Yes you can, but you'll have to wait for a couple of weeks until BB 10 is publicly available.

Cheers.  🙂