cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Rogers this morning did something i never believed they would have done. They opened up the reservation line for the Blackberry 10 device. No hardare picture / spec info has been give. You are ONLY able to reserve the device. There is $40 reservation fee that will be added to your account BUT it will be credited back ONCE the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled. You will need to pick the store you want it to be shipped to as well. You can change the store while its in OPEN status.

For Business / Corporate clients, Log into your Business / Corporate account & do it from there. Here is the link : http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/

I am #64. I was going to do it earlier but was busy with work. Hurry UP!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions? I will be happy to answer them for you. 🙂

* The Rogers Reservation System FAQ can be found here : http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&_nfls=true&setLanguage...

** I would also like to add this for anyone to read as well:

" Note that use of the Reservation System does not guarantee that you will receive the device before everyone else. We will, however, do our best to get the device to you as soon as possible. In order to secure a place in our reservation line, a reservation fee of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your next Rogers invoice and will be credited back to your account when your device is shipped from our warehouse or when your reservation is cancelled."

****Edited Labels****

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Cezza
I've Been Here Awhile

@AnonymousUser wrote:

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about to be honest.

The FAQs mention everything you are referrring to, plus, just because you reserve doesn't mean you can't go pick one up in store if you find one before your reservation ships.  

This is Canada, we don't all live in cities with Rogers outlets nearby. It is at least an hour roundtrip for me to "go pick one up" and with no guarantee I will be successful, I cannot keep doing that. My main complaint is with the transparency of the system. I think it is natural to assume that if you make a reservation and lend Rogers your money, they will honour those reservations first before giving phones to people from whom they haven't gained interest. You are correct that the details are in the small print, but my point is it it bad customer service to do it this way. Rogers may well be in the right but it gives off bad vibes to the customers, which I'm sure they don't want.

I see I have crept TWO spots up the wait list in two days... Yay.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

I could really care less if you know more then me. This has NOTHING to do with the topic or the thread.  The fact that i handed the iPhone 4S & iPhone 5 reservation all my self & helped thousands show something that i know as well but i do not make comments like you.  No need to bring that up tho here as it has NOTHING to do with the topic..

Anyways every reservation system / pre order system has faults. The one with Rogers tho has far more faults & its been proven & shown many times.

SmartPhone_User
I've Been Around

Just wanted to put things in perspective for people, I am not sure how the pre-order place in line is calculated but by inital number was around 1500 and my pre-order has still not shipped.

Personally I think it is wrong to accept pre-orders from customers and then allocate units of that same device for walk ups the day of release. Why not clear out all the pre-orders first and then start allocating to stores for day of walk-ups? This ensures the devices get into the hands of people that want them rather than sitting of shelves collecting dust. This sort of inventory allocation process is how stores end up with unmovable stock that eventually needs to be written off.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SmartPhone_User

I understand what you are saying BUT You can not do that. The Manufactures send so many devices to the carriers. The carriers then have to allocate the devices to the stores, reservations & call centers. They can not just favoure the pre orders.. That would be wrong because NO company does that. You do realize how many people would complain then?

The reservation was made to have a device in your name. It does NOT guaranty you will get the device on launch. This has been explain within the past 2 years Rogers has had the reservation system.

Also barely any store has Blackberry Z10 devices in stock or even on their shelve. Same goes with all the resevations. iPhone 5/ Note 2 / Lumia 920. Its the same for all the other devices. The carriers need to make sure the stores / call centers have devices as well to sell. 

Alphabits
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm around #2000 on the list. Any idea how quick is the estimated turnaround on this before my order gets shipped? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Alphabits

No one can give you the real answer BUT most likely sometime next week you will see it drop & get shipped. BlackBerry needs to send Rogers 2,000 units for yours to get prepared & shipped.

BBfanatix
I've Been Here Awhile

I have ordered 4 for my company... It has not moved since I placed the preorder. On top of it, the messed up the reservation ( I was about 90th in line) and I ended up at 1500 on a more or less 2000 queue. 

From what they told me, there is no way whatsoever to tell me when I could expect the devices to ship. Like they don't know how many devices they have, and how many they'll receive, and when they'll receive it. 

Would at least be useful to know how many devices they had in stock VS how many were reserved, as well as when they expect to receive another significant shipment. 

I know meowmix posted that RIM sent another shipment, but I'd very much like to see the source on that.

In any case, there's no way we can go around this for business, can't pick some in stores. We'll just have to wait and see I guess! I just wish they'd be a little more transparent sometimes...

TeDD13
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I hapeen to also pre-order Blackberry Z10 and was somewhere in mid-2000s, however to my surprise Blackberry Z10 was not swept from the stores on a launch day. I went to the nearest store on Feb 5 at 7pm, picked up a Blackberry Z10 and cancelled my reseration. I suggest checking the local store for available stock.

BBfanatix
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately we can't pick-up devices for a corporate account at a store. Has to be ordered through the business department. And no, that doesn't make much sense...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BBfanatix

It does make sense as stores are not allowed to to access corporate or business accounts. Its a security the companies wants.

donttrusttheb
I Plan to Stick Around

What logic. If someone goes to the effort of pre-ordering of course they should have priority over new customers Rogers is trying to snag off the street. But are you surprised? I'd rather get one off e-bay.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello donttrusttheb

Actually you are wrong. This is NOT a pre order. It's a reservation and it fully says on the page and on the FAQ that you may NOT get the Device before anyone else. That being said, if the manufacturer does not send enough units, the carrier can not do anything. Also let's say RIM sent 5,000 units. Half goes to the stores and the other half gets divided to the call center and the reservations. This is how it works.

View solution in original post