Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

I'm around #2000 on the list. Any idea how quick is the estimated turnaround on this before my order gets shipped? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alphabits

No one can give you the real answer BUT most likely sometime next week you will see it drop & get shipped. BlackBerry needs to send Rogers 2,000 units for yours to get prepared & shipped.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have ordered 4 for my company... It has not moved since I placed the preorder. On top of it, the messed up the reservation ( I was about 90th in line) and I ended up at 1500 on a more or less 2000 queue. 

From what they told me, there is no way whatsoever to tell me when I could expect the devices to ship. Like they don't know how many devices they have, and how many they'll receive, and when they'll receive it. 

Would at least be useful to know how many devices they had in stock VS how many were reserved, as well as when they expect to receive another significant shipment. 

I know meowmix posted that RIM sent another shipment, but I'd very much like to see the source on that.

In any case, there's no way we can go around this for business, can't pick some in stores. We'll just have to wait and see I guess! I just wish they'd be a little more transparent sometimes...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I hapeen to also pre-order Blackberry Z10 and was somewhere in mid-2000s, however to my surprise Blackberry Z10 was not swept from the stores on a launch day. I went to the nearest store on Feb 5 at 7pm, picked up a Blackberry Z10 and cancelled my reseration. I suggest checking the local store for available stock.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately we can't pick-up devices for a corporate account at a store. Has to be ordered through the business department. And no, that doesn't make much sense...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BBfanatix

It does make sense as stores are not allowed to to access corporate or business accounts. Its a security the companies wants.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What logic. If someone goes to the effort of pre-ordering of course they should have priority over new customers Rogers is trying to snag off the street. But are you surprised? I'd rather get one off e-bay.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello donttrusttheb

Actually you are wrong. This is NOT a pre order. It's a reservation and it fully says on the page and on the FAQ that you may NOT get the Device before anyone else. That being said, if the manufacturer does not send enough units, the carrier can not do anything. Also let's say RIM sent 5,000 units. Half goes to the stores and the other half gets divided to the call center and the reservations. This is how it works.

View solution in original post