Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Hello Cezza

I agree with you!. It is a bad system but nothing will change tho sadly. Actually they only take $40 from you & then give it back to you once the phone is shipped or you cancel the reservation. So in the end you get it back. I do agree tho if they take money like that from you, there should be a phone.

Also remember, Every manufacturer does NOT send 10,000 units just for the reservation & we have seen this with all the phones being in reservations. The Manufacturer will send a mount to the carrier & the carrier will split it to what the stores gets, online orders, phone orders & reservations. That is how the decided the phones going to places.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is why, as tempting as it was, I resisted the urge to reserve. It's fraut with potential problems. I took my chance - not a big gamble as this is a small town - and now I have my Z10!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

That is good!. So fat I am LOVING the phone!
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about to be honest.

The FAQs mention everything you are referrring to, plus, just because you reserve doesn't mean you can't go pick one up in store if you find one before your reservation ships.  And again, if you don't like the policy, you can cancel right away, no skin off your back.

I personally think it's a pretty good system, at least Rogers has something while Bellus has squat that competes with it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

It is but at the same time it has faults. Just because you think its a pretty good system, does not mean everyone else will like it. Also Bell has pre orders & Telus has pre orders WHERE they send the phone straight to your house unlike Rogers where you have to go to a Rogers store & pick it up.

You need to do some more research before coming in here & claiming things like this.

The stores get reservations phones + walk-in phones. If the person does not get the walk - in phones, they must wait until the store gets more phones.

If you reserve a phone from Rogers, Rogers even said it that they will try their best to give you the phone as soon as possible. This means if the first batch gets to the store & the first people get the phone, does not mean you will not. Its just the stock of phones they have.

The Rogers reservation system is good & all but has its faults as well.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Trust me, I know far more than you think you know...

No system is going to be perfect, nor will it meet everyone's needs, but it's still a far better system than what Bellus has.

I'd rather pick up at a store because I'm never home to receive a package, so to me that is a better option, but again, that's my opinion.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@AnonymousUser wrote:

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about to be honest.

The FAQs mention everything you are referrring to, plus, just because you reserve doesn't mean you can't go pick one up in store if you find one before your reservation ships.  

This is Canada, we don't all live in cities with Rogers outlets nearby. It is at least an hour roundtrip for me to "go pick one up" and with no guarantee I will be successful, I cannot keep doing that. My main complaint is with the transparency of the system. I think it is natural to assume that if you make a reservation and lend Rogers your money, they will honour those reservations first before giving phones to people from whom they haven't gained interest. You are correct that the details are in the small print, but my point is it it bad customer service to do it this way. Rogers may well be in the right but it gives off bad vibes to the customers, which I'm sure they don't want.

I see I have crept TWO spots up the wait list in two days... Yay.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

I could really care less if you know more then me. This has NOTHING to do with the topic or the thread.  The fact that i handed the iPhone 4S & iPhone 5 reservation all my self & helped thousands show something that i know as well but i do not make comments like you.  No need to bring that up tho here as it has NOTHING to do with the topic..

Anyways every reservation system / pre order system has faults. The one with Rogers tho has far more faults & its been proven & shown many times.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just wanted to put things in perspective for people, I am not sure how the pre-order place in line is calculated but by inital number was around 1500 and my pre-order has still not shipped.

Personally I think it is wrong to accept pre-orders from customers and then allocate units of that same device for walk ups the day of release. Why not clear out all the pre-orders first and then start allocating to stores for day of walk-ups? This ensures the devices get into the hands of people that want them rather than sitting of shelves collecting dust. This sort of inventory allocation process is how stores end up with unmovable stock that eventually needs to be written off.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SmartPhone_User

I understand what you are saying BUT You can not do that. The Manufactures send so many devices to the carriers. The carriers then have to allocate the devices to the stores, reservations & call centers. They can not just favoure the pre orders.. That would be wrong because NO company does that. You do realize how many people would complain then?

The reservation was made to have a device in your name. It does NOT guaranty you will get the device on launch. This has been explain within the past 2 years Rogers has had the reservation system.

Also barely any store has Blackberry Z10 devices in stock or even on their shelve. Same goes with all the resevations. iPhone 5/ Note 2 / Lumia 920. Its the same for all the other devices. The carriers need to make sure the stores / call centers have devices as well to sell.