cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Rogers this morning did something i never believed they would have done. They opened up the reservation line for the Blackberry 10 device. No hardare picture / spec info has been give. You are ONLY able to reserve the device. There is $40 reservation fee that will be added to your account BUT it will be credited back ONCE the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled. You will need to pick the store you want it to be shipped to as well. You can change the store while its in OPEN status.

For Business / Corporate clients, Log into your Business / Corporate account & do it from there. Here is the link : http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/

I am #64. I was going to do it earlier but was busy with work. Hurry UP!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions? I will be happy to answer them for you. 🙂

* The Rogers Reservation System FAQ can be found here : http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&_nfls=true&setLanguage...

** I would also like to add this for anyone to read as well:

" Note that use of the Reservation System does not guarantee that you will receive the device before everyone else. We will, however, do our best to get the device to you as soon as possible. In order to secure a place in our reservation line, a reservation fee of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your next Rogers invoice and will be credited back to your account when your device is shipped from our warehouse or when your reservation is cancelled."

****Edited Labels****

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Liddiepud

The store will call you when they have time. This is how it works. They will not call you because if they do, the reps can make mistakes telling you to go get the device meanwhile its not out yet. ( Release date).

1). Actually it does for a reason. It gives you a piece of mind that you know its at the store. Just because they do not call you, does not mean they do not have it. The store can be busy & not want to call at the busiest time. Its happened before.

2). 3 days is on the email but most of us that got a phone call, the store gave us 7 days. Its been said on Crackberry that the email has a mistake on it & Rogers never noticed it with the date. As what the email says, you can speak to the store Manager & they can hold it for you. Please read the email before lashing out...

Also the $40 has been refunded back to you. Again read the email again before lashing out for nothing here.

Liddiepud
I've Been Here Awhile

I have read the email several times, was very sure of what the email said, before I posted... being in business basically makes it very necessary to be sure before I respond to things.  I spoke with the store, the reason they did not call had nothing to do with being busy had everything to do with not being able to release it to me until the 5th.  My piece of mind would have been just fine had the email come to me on Monday, or the store to call me Tuesday morning, I did not need to be sent an email with relatively little useful information in it beforehand.  I never indicated that the $40 had not been refunded, the whole reason for the post was to indicate how poorly, in my opinion, the whole process has been handled.  I for one do not appreciate my money being screwed with, even in the slightest.  In my line of work I have to extrapolate the possible errors and faults that may arise, call it occupational hazard, but given the way things were done a myriad of potential issues abound.  Suffice it to say that if I dealt with my customers in this manner I would have very unhappy customers, and would probably be fired.  Again this is just my opinion on a business transaction, and my opinion is that it was done poorly, with little thought to the actual effect on the customer, or the confusion that would arise by the approach taken.

What puzzles me is why the backlash to an opinion? is this company above reproach?  My hope was that possibly someone from Rogers corporate would read this, take it to heart, and possibly use it to better their services towards their customers.  I’ve recommended Rogers to many of my business associates, to my friends, and I have had to listen to them complain about the poor customer service they’ve received.  History is replete with businesses that have gone down all because their customers never complained.

So the best I can offer is sorry if I ruffled any feathers, but when I see poor, reckless, or ill thought, service I am going to say something, and frankly really don’t care if anyone likes it.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I think they were just pointing out the street date. Regardless of what any shipping stuff said when it would arrive, thy still can't release it. This is fairly common on many things, games, movies, etc.

The email itself is the same for everyone who preordered. Now, for you, like you said is relitively useless, as its ariving before the release date, etc. but there will likely be issues of people who won't get them on tues even shipped yet. The email would tell them that say it was shipped/arrived, So they know what day to get their phone.
Unfortunately it's all the same system for the automated mailing, etc, so it is given to everyone.

zerofighter
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question, I have a consumer account with a corporate code on it.

I was told that I can only go to a Rogers Plus store, can anyone confirm this? I have reserved a Z10 online but am debating if I should simply walk into a store tomorrow morning.

Thanks

-Pearson

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello zerofighter

Most stores can NOT access accounts with Business or Corporate accounts with codes on them like that. You can try & go to the store & see but its not 100% sure it will work.

dlawrence8
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved my blackberry Z-10 and now they are are all over EXCEPT THE RESERVED ONES??????? Someone said something about money paid for late phones...fact or fiction

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

What is your status on the reservation? If you reserved one when Rogers opened the reservation, some phones were shipped to the stores last Thursday. More phones will be shipped within this week as BlackBerry is sending them more phones.

dlawrence8
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved thru the rogers reserve page (you help me do that) I was told that if it was late that I get money. I was told it was pose to be today. Everyone else has them, walmart, future shop, best buy.... I thought reserving one would be best. Guess I will not do that again. I could have had my phone by now

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

What do you mean by " I was told if it was late, that i get money". Rogers told you if the phone does not ship to you by today you get money :/. Never have i heard anything like that with any carriers..

Also the reservation system was never made to get the device on the same day the device gets launched. The reservation system was made for them to keep a phone in your name just in case they get sold out. When the first batch left the warehouse, they waited for BlackBerry to send them more devices. This may take a few days. I can not blame Rogers on this at the moment.

dlawrence8
I Plan to Stick Around

next time I will not reserve it. I will go buy it elsewhere

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

I reserve my device & i wait outside the store the day of launch. Which ever one comes first lol.

dlawrence8
I Plan to Stick Around

Guess I just wait

The main thig for the reservation is to guarantee you have one, but now when you have it.
Say the stores near you only got 30 in for regular sale, and there were 30 people lined up in front of you. You wouldn't get it and could be even a few weeks till they got more.

The reservation guarantees that you will get yours, just could be a little later than launch, but its guaranteed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

The problem is that the stores never got a lot in the start. Also the reservation was just made for you to have a device in your name just in case the stores run out. It does not say you will get it on the launch day. It does say however they are going to try their best to get you the device as soon as possible!.

Cezza
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, you are right about that. But I don't remember seeing anything about that BEFORE I registered, only afterwards.  If you take money off people to reserve a phone, you issue the stock you do have to them FIRST. You are correct with your description of what the system does, but it is a bad system.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Cezza

I agree with you!. It is a bad system but nothing will change tho sadly. Actually they only take $40 from you & then give it back to you once the phone is shipped or you cancel the reservation. So in the end you get it back. I do agree tho if they take money like that from you, there should be a phone.

Also remember, Every manufacturer does NOT send 10,000 units just for the reservation & we have seen this with all the phones being in reservations. The Manufacturer will send a mount to the carrier & the carrier will split it to what the stores gets, online orders, phone orders & reservations. That is how the decided the phones going to places.

jvictor77
I Plan to Stick Around

That is why, as tempting as it was, I resisted the urge to reserve. It's fraut with potential problems. I took my chance - not a big gamble as this is a small town - and now I have my Z10!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jvictor77

That is good!. So fat I am LOVING the phone!

AnonymousUser
I'm a Senior Contributor

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about to be honest.

The FAQs mention everything you are referrring to, plus, just because you reserve doesn't mean you can't go pick one up in store if you find one before your reservation ships.  And again, if you don't like the policy, you can cancel right away, no skin off your back.

I personally think it's a pretty good system, at least Rogers has something while Bellus has squat that competes with it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AnonymousUser

It is but at the same time it has faults. Just because you think its a pretty good system, does not mean everyone else will like it. Also Bell has pre orders & Telus has pre orders WHERE they send the phone straight to your house unlike Rogers where you have to go to a Rogers store & pick it up.

You need to do some more research before coming in here & claiming things like this.

The stores get reservations phones + walk-in phones. If the person does not get the walk - in phones, they must wait until the store gets more phones.

If you reserve a phone from Rogers, Rogers even said it that they will try their best to give you the phone as soon as possible. This means if the first batch gets to the store & the first people get the phone, does not mean you will not. Its just the stock of phones they have.

The Rogers reservation system is good & all but has its faults as well.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Senior Contributor

Trust me, I know far more than you think you know...

No system is going to be perfect, nor will it meet everyone's needs, but it's still a far better system than what Bellus has.

I'd rather pick up at a store because I'm never home to receive a package, so to me that is a better option, but again, that's my opinion.