Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

I reserved my blackberry Z-10 and now they are are all over EXCEPT THE RESERVED ONES??????? Someone said something about money paid for late phones...fact or fiction

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

What is your status on the reservation? If you reserved one when Rogers opened the reservation, some phones were shipped to the stores last Thursday. More phones will be shipped within this week as BlackBerry is sending them more phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved thru the rogers reserve page (you help me do that) I was told that if it was late that I get money. I was told it was pose to be today. Everyone else has them, walmart, future shop, best buy.... I thought reserving one would be best. Guess I will not do that again. I could have had my phone by now

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

What do you mean by " I was told if it was late, that i get money". Rogers told you if the phone does not ship to you by today you get money :/. Never have i heard anything like that with any carriers..

Also the reservation system was never made to get the device on the same day the device gets launched. The reservation system was made for them to keep a phone in your name just in case they get sold out. When the first batch left the warehouse, they waited for BlackBerry to send them more devices. This may take a few days. I can not blame Rogers on this at the moment.

I Plan to Stick Around

next time I will not reserve it. I will go buy it elsewhere

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

I reserve my device & i wait outside the store the day of launch. Which ever one comes first lol.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Guess I just wait

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The main thig for the reservation is to guarantee you have one, but now when you have it.
Say the stores near you only got 30 in for regular sale, and there were 30 people lined up in front of you. You wouldn't get it and could be even a few weeks till they got more.

The reservation guarantees that you will get yours, just could be a little later than launch, but its guaranteed.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

The problem is that the stores never got a lot in the start. Also the reservation was just made for you to have a device in your name just in case the stores run out. It does not say you will get it on the launch day. It does say however they are going to try their best to get you the device as soon as possible!.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, you are right about that. But I don't remember seeing anything about that BEFORE I registered, only afterwards.  If you take money off people to reserve a phone, you issue the stock you do have to them FIRST. You are correct with your description of what the system does, but it is a bad system.