Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

If you did the reservation on Rogers.com as an existing customer, it's going to the store that you selected, so not sure how you could have missed that to be honest.  You select where to have it shipped for pickup. Smiley Surprised  There's no way to change that as that is how the reservation system works.  The other option is to call in on the 5th to order one through the call centre, that is the way to have it shipped to your residence.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matthewsss

I am guessing you are the same person who made the same exact post on Crackberry. As said above and in that post. The regular customer reservations are only going to the stores. However Business and Corporate customer get their phones sent to their houses.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The only issue with the whole process is how it has been handled; personally, it is obvious that it was via an automated system, because I feel it was handled poorly.   I reserved the first day reservations were made possible, I received a text within

1.5 hours of the announcement it directed me to a website for pricing and indicated the Rogers release date of Feb. 5th.  That website implies that my price will be $139.99 but there’s the possibility it could be more because it indicates “as low as”.  The next day another text telling me it has shipped, look for an email with details, almost immediately that email arrives c/w UPS tracking No.  I follow UPS which tells me the device arrived at the store in question Friday afternoon.  By Sat. morning no call, I call the store and I’m told not before the 5th.  The issue is this; nowhere in the email does it say this, the email implies that once the store has it they will call, doesn’t emphatically state that but implies it.  The exact phrase is “We recommend you wait until you hear from a store representative, who will call you to confirm when it has arrived in store.”  Granted it could be argued that the original text implies the 5th as the pick-up date but again it doesn’t emphatically state this.  I have no issue with the 5th as “the” date, however, my questions are these;

1.)    What is the purpose of telling me it’s on its way, giving me a tracking number to track it just to tell me “you can’t have it for another three/four days”?  This serves virtually no useful purpose other than to potentially frustrate me.

2.)    Why do they only give three days to arrange the time to actually pick it up?  If I can’t get to it before Tuesday and, in my case at least, must pick it up before days end Thursday, I only have three days.  What would happen if I was sent out of town on business this weekend for the week, which is entirely a possibility for me, I have to hope the store will hold it for me until I get back or the tying up of my $40 was a waste.

All I can say is ?????

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yup!

Thanks for the reply guys, I got it all sorted, will just have to make a drive to the store, all good.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Take your issue up with rim, they set the launch date of the 5th. They're starting to follow what apple does as they also have hard street dates.
For the hold time, you can always arrange for an extension with the location, I've never heard of a location saying no. Tying up your $40? You already got it back, the $40 gets reversed when the phone ships or you cancel the reservation.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Liddiepud

The store will call you when they have time. This is how it works. They will not call you because if they do, the reps can make mistakes telling you to go get the device meanwhile its not out yet. ( Release date).

1). Actually it does for a reason. It gives you a piece of mind that you know its at the store. Just because they do not call you, does not mean they do not have it. The store can be busy & not want to call at the busiest time. Its happened before.

2). 3 days is on the email but most of us that got a phone call, the store gave us 7 days. Its been said on Crackberry that the email has a mistake on it & Rogers never noticed it with the date. As what the email says, you can speak to the store Manager & they can hold it for you. Please read the email before lashing out...

Also the $40 has been refunded back to you. Again read the email again before lashing out for nothing here.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have read the email several times, was very sure of what the email said, before I posted... being in business basically makes it very necessary to be sure before I respond to things.  I spoke with the store, the reason they did not call had nothing to do with being busy had everything to do with not being able to release it to me until the 5th.  My piece of mind would have been just fine had the email come to me on Monday, or the store to call me Tuesday morning, I did not need to be sent an email with relatively little useful information in it beforehand.  I never indicated that the $40 had not been refunded, the whole reason for the post was to indicate how poorly, in my opinion, the whole process has been handled.  I for one do not appreciate my money being screwed with, even in the slightest.  In my line of work I have to extrapolate the possible errors and faults that may arise, call it occupational hazard, but given the way things were done a myriad of potential issues abound.  Suffice it to say that if I dealt with my customers in this manner I would have very unhappy customers, and would probably be fired.  Again this is just my opinion on a business transaction, and my opinion is that it was done poorly, with little thought to the actual effect on the customer, or the confusion that would arise by the approach taken.

What puzzles me is why the backlash to an opinion? is this company above reproach?  My hope was that possibly someone from Rogers corporate would read this, take it to heart, and possibly use it to better their services towards their customers.  I’ve recommended Rogers to many of my business associates, to my friends, and I have had to listen to them complain about the poor customer service they’ve received.  History is replete with businesses that have gone down all because their customers never complained.

So the best I can offer is sorry if I ruffled any feathers, but when I see poor, reckless, or ill thought, service I am going to say something, and frankly really don’t care if anyone likes it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think they were just pointing out the street date. Regardless of what any shipping stuff said when it would arrive, thy still can't release it. This is fairly common on many things, games, movies, etc.

The email itself is the same for everyone who preordered. Now, for you, like you said is relitively useless, as its ariving before the release date, etc. but there will likely be issues of people who won't get them on tues even shipped yet. The email would tell them that say it was shipped/arrived, So they know what day to get their phone.
Unfortunately it's all the same system for the automated mailing, etc, so it is given to everyone.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question, I have a consumer account with a corporate code on it.

I was told that I can only go to a Rogers Plus store, can anyone confirm this? I have reserved a Z10 online but am debating if I should simply walk into a store tomorrow morning.

Thanks

-Pearson

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zerofighter

Most stores can NOT access accounts with Business or Corporate accounts with codes on them like that. You can try & go to the store & see but its not 100% sure it will work.