cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Rogers this morning did something i never believed they would have done. They opened up the reservation line for the Blackberry 10 device. No hardare picture / spec info has been give. You are ONLY able to reserve the device. There is $40 reservation fee that will be added to your account BUT it will be credited back ONCE the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled. You will need to pick the store you want it to be shipped to as well. You can change the store while its in OPEN status.

For Business / Corporate clients, Log into your Business / Corporate account & do it from there. Here is the link : http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/

I am #64. I was going to do it earlier but was busy with work. Hurry UP!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions? I will be happy to answer them for you. 🙂

* The Rogers Reservation System FAQ can be found here : http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&_nfls=true&setLanguage...

** I would also like to add this for anyone to read as well:

" Note that use of the Reservation System does not guarantee that you will receive the device before everyone else. We will, however, do our best to get the device to you as soon as possible. In order to secure a place in our reservation line, a reservation fee of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your next Rogers invoice and will be credited back to your account when your device is shipped from our warehouse or when your reservation is cancelled."

****Edited Labels****

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BillJ

Yea that has been said on the Crackberry forums as well. They got a email saying that this morning. You see, the ones that " Claimed" that they can go pick it up, have not said anything since that message lol.

Now We wait until Tuesday morning. Hopefully Rogers sells the cases as well for it!

drinkdiesel
I've Been Here Awhile

I am #55 of 167 for a white Z10, it is being shipped to my door, When I ordered it he said he thought that it would be delivered to me on the 5th.....When I check the order status it says "In progress(Pre Fulfillment)"  What does that mean? I assume that this just means that it is being shipped. I am super stoked to get my Z10!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello drinkdiesel

The statues " in progress ( pre fulfillment) means that they have not finished your pre order. It does not mean its been shipped. Its far from being shipped. You have 2 more status to go threw before it ships.

Yours will most likely be either shipped Monday or Tuesday night. UPS does not work on the weekends to pick up the phone on the weekends from Rogers.

drinkdiesel
I've Been Here Awhile

That sucks lol, so don't rush home Tuesday to check the mail then hey?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well you will receive a email when the phone is being shipped. They will give you the tracking number in the email. Most likely sometime next week you will get it for sure. It could be on the launch day or a a few days later.

drinkdiesel
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't wait! thanks for the help.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome:)

jvictor77
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been trying to get this info too. On the Redboard, they told me Rogers will be launching with the two colours. What I couldn't get out of him was whether stores and dealers would have both available on Tuesday....you see, I have a 'private' reservation with my local dealer. They will call me when they have the white ones in - BUT if they only have black on Tuesday, I might just get that due to excitement!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jvictor77

All Rogers plus stores will have the Black & white version in stock. This has been confirmed by many store reps on Crackberry & when contacting them. The white reservation phones started being shipped already!.

All Rogers, Bell & Telus it seems they will have the white & Black one in stock:)

jvictor77
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that! You mention Rogers plus - but what about dealers....you know, the ones with the Rogers sign but are actually owned by another party. That is the case with my local store in SW Ontario. Maybe you would know if they will be treated equally as far as shipments go. Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jvictor77

They should get the same stock BUT depending on their own warehouse what they send out to them. They use a different warehouse for the phones. So it depends on what phones they get from their own warehouse. Rogers Authorized dealers do NOT get the phones straight from the Rogers warehouse.

jvictor77
I Plan to Stick Around

I see....so no matter how I cut it, there's nothing for it but to wait till Tuesday - or maybe call Monday to see if they have an idea of inventory for Tuesday. Thanks again!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jvictor77

You can contact them on Monday afternoon to see if they have the white one in stock. They may not say much but may give you the answer.

You are welcome.

jvictor77
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup! Thanks for your help - that's what I was planning to do Smiley LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome:). Yea that is what i want to do as well because i may want the white one.

matthewsss
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Guys,

I've preordered a z10 and I was under the impression that the unit would be mailed to my residence, which is what has reviously happened when I've ordered devices.  I now see I was incorrect in assuming that and the device is being sent to the nearest rogers store for pickup.  The issue, is that the nearest store is about a 45 min drive for me.  Is it possible to change this and have the unit go to my house?  I'm not bothered if it comes a few days or even a week later....

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you did the reservation on Rogers.com as an existing customer, it's going to the store that you selected, so not sure how you could have missed that to be honest.  You select where to have it shipped for pickup. Smiley Surprised  There's no way to change that as that is how the reservation system works.  The other option is to call in on the 5th to order one through the call centre, that is the way to have it shipped to your residence.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matthewsss

I am guessing you are the same person who made the same exact post on Crackberry. As said above and in that post. The regular customer reservations are only going to the stores. However Business and Corporate customer get their phones sent to their houses.

Liddiepud
I've Been Here Awhile

The only issue with the whole process is how it has been handled; personally, it is obvious that it was via an automated system, because I feel it was handled poorly.   I reserved the first day reservations were made possible, I received a text within

1.5 hours of the announcement it directed me to a website for pricing and indicated the Rogers release date of Feb. 5th.  That website implies that my price will be $139.99 but there’s the possibility it could be more because it indicates “as low as”.  The next day another text telling me it has shipped, look for an email with details, almost immediately that email arrives c/w UPS tracking No.  I follow UPS which tells me the device arrived at the store in question Friday afternoon.  By Sat. morning no call, I call the store and I’m told not before the 5th.  The issue is this; nowhere in the email does it say this, the email implies that once the store has it they will call, doesn’t emphatically state that but implies it.  The exact phrase is “We recommend you wait until you hear from a store representative, who will call you to confirm when it has arrived in store.”  Granted it could be argued that the original text implies the 5th as the pick-up date but again it doesn’t emphatically state this.  I have no issue with the 5th as “the” date, however, my questions are these;

1.)    What is the purpose of telling me it’s on its way, giving me a tracking number to track it just to tell me “you can’t have it for another three/four days”?  This serves virtually no useful purpose other than to potentially frustrate me.

2.)    Why do they only give three days to arrange the time to actually pick it up?  If I can’t get to it before Tuesday and, in my case at least, must pick it up before days end Thursday, I only have three days.  What would happen if I was sent out of town on business this weekend for the week, which is entirely a possibility for me, I have to hope the store will hold it for me until I get back or the tying up of my $40 was a waste.

All I can say is ?????

matthewsss
I've Been Here Awhile

Yup!

Thanks for the reply guys, I got it all sorted, will just have to make a drive to the store, all good.

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Take your issue up with rim, they set the launch date of the 5th. They're starting to follow what apple does as they also have hard street dates.
For the hold time, you can always arrange for an extension with the location, I've never heard of a location saying no. Tying up your $40? You already got it back, the $40 gets reversed when the phone ships or you cancel the reservation.
Topic Stats