Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

BHH

Even if the store has them today, no they will not release them to you yet.

It has a release date, of the 5th. 

A) their system probably wont allow the actualy adding/processing of them until that date.
B) If someone does give them out before that release date, they take the risk of getting fines from the phone provider for breaking that date, etc..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just spoke to Rogers Customer Relations and they say if the store received the Z10 today it should be released to me today.  They don't see a problem and have also made a notation on my account.  Hope that's true 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BHH

Customer relations does not have a say what is going on. First the launch is on Feb 5th. This means the stores are ONLY allowed to sell the phone then. The S/n & IMEI number are now able to be registered on your account as the computer will not let it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke to Rogers again and they have stated I can receive the Z10 today.  They have given me the id# for the store, and if there is a problem to have the store call Rogers and they will release it on the phone for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BHH

Look over at Crackberry forums. Everyone is getting told YES & No Listen to this..

I just called the Rogers Plus underneath the Rogers tower here in Toronto. The rep was either lying or did not know anything. I asked her about the reservation phone & if i can get one. She replied saying " There is no official launch date for the Z10. The reservation phones will come to the stores & stay there until the store calls you". I asked her how is there no launch date meanwhile RIM aka Blackberry & Rogers said Feb 5th. Her reply " Sir we are at head office, if that was the release date, we would have gotten a memo or email."

I just hung up on her..

This is another store i called...

Just called the store i have it reserved to go. They said the right date is Feb 5th. The reservations will go to the store as of today & stay there until Tuesday. They got a memo telling them that if the phones arrive at the store early, do not sell them.. She said one of the reps will call you & let you know the phone is at the store.

I did this my self today. You will see WHY everyone is confused.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

She replied saying " There is no official launch date for the Z10." 
" Sir we are at head office, if that was the release date, we would have gotten a memo or email."

Meowmix, thank you for the biggest laugh I'll probably have all day!  :):):):):)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

BillJ

It made me laugh so hard & made me angry at the same time.. HOW in the world did she not known the launch date? The store had a launch party set up for the 5th of feb. Many got calls for this & this morning it got cancelled. So she is lying threw her teeth.

I called Rogers back & no rep is saying we are allowed to get the phones today. She said she is flagging this & sending it to each manager to have them to tell reps / store not to give them out.

At this point, Rogers made the biggest mistake..
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so the release date is feb 5, how does the fact that I reserved one help me? The store I have to deal with has told me that "they will call me when it arrives" That tells me that either the release date is not happening, or they are going to set thier friends up first

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

The first batch of phones have been shipped to the stores. The stores will call us when they have them & let us know to come pick it up Tuesday morning.

The reservation is made so you have a phone in your name just incase the stores run out of the phones. The resevation  The release date is set for Feb 5th. Blackberry ( RIM) said this live. The date will NOT change as all the carriers in Canada are releasing it on Feb 5th.

You are mixing everything up here because you are confused. It has nothing to do with the dates & friends up first.'

The email & the Rogers Reservation FAQ said that once the store has the phone, they will call you to notify you about it. They will tell you to come by Tuesday to get it.

"

By reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else...
        We cannot guarantee you will receive your device on the day it launches. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping devices to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program. For information on shipment timelines, please refer to the confirmation email you received when you reserved your device."

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&_nfls=true&setLanguage...

This is how simple it is.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well February 5th is not that far away.  Let's just hope they open early.  When my daughter got her iPhone 5 she went at 8:00am to pick up.  Let's hope Rogers is the same for the release of the Z10.