cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Rogers this morning did something i never believed they would have done. They opened up the reservation line for the Blackberry 10 device. No hardare picture / spec info has been give. You are ONLY able to reserve the device. There is $40 reservation fee that will be added to your account BUT it will be credited back ONCE the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled. You will need to pick the store you want it to be shipped to as well. You can change the store while its in OPEN status.

For Business / Corporate clients, Log into your Business / Corporate account & do it from there. Here is the link : http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/

I am #64. I was going to do it earlier but was busy with work. Hurry UP!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions? I will be happy to answer them for you. 🙂

* The Rogers Reservation System FAQ can be found here : http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&_nfls=true&setLanguage...

** I would also like to add this for anyone to read as well:

" Note that use of the Reservation System does not guarantee that you will receive the device before everyone else. We will, however, do our best to get the device to you as soon as possible. In order to secure a place in our reservation line, a reservation fee of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your next Rogers invoice and will be credited back to your account when your device is shipped from our warehouse or when your reservation is cancelled."

****Edited Labels****

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I wasn't trying to do that was not my intention by far.

I am a BB user for work and in charge of administering them. I am actually VERRY excited about this release. If this does well could help RIM a lot.

That they are close to half, is a great showing for the support for this device. That's all I was intending from the question, not trying to start a bb vs iphone argument. Sorry.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Its okay, just some users could take it that way & start a argument & such. Its good you clerified your self to not have a argument with someone lol.

I am really excited for this as well!. Reserved 3 of them actually. ( My mom, My self & My sister). They would love this phone.

I use BIS & BES as well at work when needed. Its amazing as i have used the Dev Alpha A & B as my buddy at work has them. Amazing phones.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I'm still undecided as to which to get for work. Being an iphone user, I'm thinking the full touch, but am not sure.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
That is true. I am sticking with my Bold 9900 & the X10 ( Blackberry 10 all touch)

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Lets remember to keep it courteous and friendly guys. There's no harm is comparing numbers as long as the topic of discussion is BB10 Reservation related.

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

Anyone have a clue what time tomorrow is the official anouncement from RIM?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

The official Announcement will be made at 10am EST. Here is a quote from the Blackberry site & i will give the link as well. I would also like to note that RIM will announce when the phone will be released as well tomorrow. I have seen leaked images saying Tomorrow at 12pm EST it will be released but only from RIM we will know. Can NOT wait!!!!

"
BlackBerry 10 Launch

January 30, 2013

A live webcast begins at 10:00am EST, webcast details will be availble soon."

http://www.rim.com/newsroom/events/

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Thanks!

I will be getting mine though work (with another carrier :p) but would like to watch the release and find out the info for when.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@GDkitty

you are welcome!:). Yea i can not wait for it to be released!. Hopefully we get more info tomorrow as well!

giomtl
I've Been Around

So basically when the reserved phones will arrive in stores?

Can i go directly to the pick up point tomorrow or i really have to wait for them to call me?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello giomtl

When you reserve a phone with Rogers Reservation system, it will show a few status:

If your status is "open", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

If your status is "cancelled", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

If your status is "in progress", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

If your status is "shipped", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose

Once the phone is shipped, you will receive a email with the tracking number to from UPS. This will show you that UPS where & when it has it. Once the store has it, it will take a few hours at most for them to contact you. This happens because they could be busy

Also i like to note that if you reserved it to go to a Rogers authorized store or third party store, the tracking number will show it going to the warehouse / distribution center of that company & THEN it will shipped out the next day. You wont get a tracking number for it.

The reservation system does not guaranty you will get the phone on the launch day.It guaranties they will save a phone on your name. I am actually going to my local Rogers Plus store when the launch day is to get it. If the reservation has not moved or anything. At the moment mine shows " OPEN" still. Most likely after tomorrow it will change.

The thing is not over yet... and all i say say so far.. is WOW.. im impressed.

Though.. on the BUSINESS side.. we may be screwed, since they have moved to activesync only.. and we use lotus notes 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Canadian carriers will be releasing it on Feb 5th for $159.99 on 3 year term. $649.99 outright.

Its amazing how the changed the name from RIM to Blackberry. Its amazing how they brought out a phone like this.

Yeah.. its a total shift.

You look at the previous BB OS's.. they were just slight improvements/tweeks over the others, but not really that different.

This is like, a complete redo, from the ground up.

I am super impressed by the device.. and really hope that i will be able to use it for business.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello GDkitty

they bought QNX & built the OS from the start. New OS, New phone & New company in the end. People on MobileSyrup are complaining about the price & how the phone is not so great but they are stuck in the past with IOS which locks you down & Android that is a open source which gets Melware & other problems.

I shake my head at some people like that.

people want a FULL FEATURED phone, which an do everything.
They then dont want to pay for it, they want to pay next to nothing 😛

Is it an expensive phone? Yes.  But its very powerful and in line with the features and power of the other phones in the market at the same price.

Haters will be haters, and you need to keep an open mind 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
That is correct!. They always find a way to hate on a product for no reason.

More news from Rogers!. The reservations are open for the Q10 as well ( Keyboard version).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Here we go. Rogers released the page for us

On a 3 year term, it will be $139.99 for the Z10

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I was at the Toronto launch and received a Z10 for myself.  🙂

All I can say is this:  The phone is as remarkable in real life as it is in any video clips and promos you've seen for it.  The LTE is amazingly quick.  The browser just can't be beat.

I urge everyone to go out and get one as soon as possible.  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BillJ

That is good to hear!!!

My status was #78 then went to #62 & now IN PROGRESS!!!! This shows that who ever was near the 100 mark or even more number are getting the phone at launch!

BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

And it's nice that the Z10 will be available in Canada on February 5th.  That's not quite as nice as the U.K., which gets them tomorrow but it's much better than the U.S. that has to wait until March.

You'll enjoy your phone, Meowmix....guaranteed.  🙂

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats