Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Blackberry 10 Phone Questions / Reservation Numbers

@GDkitty

you are welcome!:). Yea i can not wait for it to be released!. Hopefully we get more info tomorrow as well!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

So basically when the reserved phones will arrive in stores?

Can i go directly to the pick up point tomorrow or i really have to wait for them to call me?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello giomtl

When you reserve a phone with Rogers Reservation system, it will show a few status:

If your status is "open", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

If your status is "cancelled", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

If your status is "in progress", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

If your status is "shipped", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose

Once the phone is shipped, you will receive a email with the tracking number to from UPS. This will show you that UPS where & when it has it. Once the store has it, it will take a few hours at most for them to contact you. This happens because they could be busy

Also i like to note that if you reserved it to go to a Rogers authorized store or third party store, the tracking number will show it going to the warehouse / distribution center of that company & THEN it will shipped out the next day. You wont get a tracking number for it.

The reservation system does not guaranty you will get the phone on the launch day.It guaranties they will save a phone on your name. I am actually going to my local Rogers Plus store when the launch day is to get it. If the reservation has not moved or anything. At the moment mine shows " OPEN" still. Most likely after tomorrow it will change.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The thing is not over yet... and all i say say so far.. is WOW.. im impressed.

Though.. on the BUSINESS side.. we may be screwed, since they have moved to activesync only.. and we use lotus notes 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Canadian carriers will be releasing it on Feb 5th for $159.99 on 3 year term. $649.99 outright.

Its amazing how the changed the name from RIM to Blackberry. Its amazing how they brought out a phone like this.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. its a total shift.

You look at the previous BB OS's.. they were just slight improvements/tweeks over the others, but not really that different.

This is like, a complete redo, from the ground up.

I am super impressed by the device.. and really hope that i will be able to use it for business.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

they bought QNX & built the OS from the start. New OS, New phone & New company in the end. People on MobileSyrup are complaining about the price & how the phone is not so great but they are stuck in the past with IOS which locks you down & Android that is a open source which gets Melware & other problems.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I shake my head at some people like that.

people want a FULL FEATURED phone, which an do everything.
They then dont want to pay for it, they want to pay next to nothing 😛

Is it an expensive phone? Yes.  But its very powerful and in line with the features and power of the other phones in the market at the same price.

Haters will be haters, and you need to keep an open mind 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is correct!. They always find a way to hate on a product for no reason.

More news from Rogers!. The reservations are open for the Q10 as well ( Keyboard version).
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Here we go. Rogers released the page for us

On a 3 year term, it will be $139.99 for the Z10

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...