cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - Interesting lack of disclosure by Rogers

GSAL
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Reader,

Fyi - I was just billed $160 for less than one month unlimited internet usage package billing from Rogers. There goes my weekend and literally I do not have patience to deal with long waits on customer services. I think CRTC will be the best route to have it resolved. They also applied $50 additional fee for reactivation that was never agreed upon or disclosed to me. Stay tuned on the updates. Any other suggestions! Thanks for reading this customer experience. 

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Billing - Interesting lack of disclosure by Rogers

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@GSAL  Here your pain - 

First off, CRTC would hear your concern, they will pass it back to you.  They do not deal directly with issues between individuals and the company, but there is a way to go, and you can avoid the phone if you want.

Step one - contact Customer Service at the phone, via @CommunityHelps via the PM system found in your account section at the top right of the page, or Facebook Messenger, or twitter, or contact via chat in the MYRogers page once you are logged in.

Yes, it can be a frustrating process and very time consuming, but decide what you want to say, and what you want before you start, ask them can they do it.  You may want to receive an explanation, that is your call, but it helps if you decide to go up the escalation ladder.

If they offer something, decide whether that is satisfactory, and if not, then begin the escalation process.

Next step is a manager - sometimes, you can ask to be transferred.

Next step is to report a concern via the MYRogers Contact section at the bottom of the page.  You can try a chat, and let them know you are escalating and already have not had satisfaction at the first level.  Or you can just fill out the concern document, and determine how you want a response.

Make sure to document all concerns, their responses, and get the name of the person and the interaction ID before leaving the call or contact.

If you remain unsatisfied - then you can go to the office of the president next, by requsting a call, but my preference is use the report a concern - explain that you have been to the first two levels, and provide ID's.  They can read the details, no need to go into great detail.

I have them call me usually - usually within 48 hours you will get a call.

Have them read the notes, then say what you are looking for and what they can do.  My experience, is it doesn't hurt to be flexible, it may not be exactly what you are after, but see what they are willing to give, and work up from there if you wish.  Do not agree to anything verbally unless you really do agree - once you agree, any ability to go further in escalation is done.

Next step after that is Office of Ombudsman, but it is optional, you can also go directly to the CCTC - they have a website that you can submit your concern.  Be prepared to provide all documentation, your understanding, discussions, what they have offered and their explanations, and names and ID's of each contact.  Also take a close read of all the terms of your contract and see if there is anything there that supports your case.

They will also request information from Rogers, and they will arbitrate a solution.  If you go to their site, you can see other claims and failed ones or successful ones and it may guide you in your process.

I wish you luck in the process, and agree it is a long arduous process at times, but it is the method that is mandated and enforced on Rogers, and on us in order to deal with customer service issues.

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/account/ombudsman/376?setLanguage=en

In practice, very few complaints go to CCTC and are typically resolved before the need to do so.

Bruce

RogersZia

Hi @GSAL,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

The charges you've mentioned could be due to proration on your invoice. We would have a better understanding once we take a look into your account. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online, so we can assist you further. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

GSAL
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, I did manage to get my bill fixed; thanks to customer services agent, Maria. Now I am awaiting impact to be reflected in my final bill. Will confirm status upon receipt.  

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@GSAL  Great to hear that you got a response - and yes, do check your bill when it comes to be sure it is as expected.

Glad we could assist,  Bruce