Big problem with Apps iPhone 4 "Rogers My Account"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Big problem with Apps iPhone 4 "Rogers My Account"

Hello,

I have a problem with the iPhone 4 application "Rogers My Account" before I could access it without
problem since the update of the application. Now nothing works I still have this same message "Unable
To Authenticate But I'm on 3G, the application thinks I'm always on Wi-Fi. I stayed
for an hour on the phone with the technical service do not know what's the problem.
 I
even did a reset network settings, I deleted uninstall and reinstall the application several
time. But still the same message appears "Unable To Authenticate".

Click to view : Screenshot of the apps on my iPhone 4  

I hope someone can help me. Is this a problem from the last update or
other? anyone has the same problem as me?

Thank you for your reply

Nassim

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Big problem with Apps iPhone 4 "Rogers My Account"

Hi Nassim and welcome to the forums,

This may be related to some updates that were done on our end.

Are you still experiencing this problem? If so I recommend doing the following:

- Disable WiFi

- Uninstall the MyRogers app

- Perform a Network Settings Reset: Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings (This will erase any saved WiFis)

- Download and install the Myrogers app

- Test resolution

If the issue persists keep us updated.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem. Up until maybe a month ago the app has stopped working for me giving me the same message "Unable to authenticate". I called customer service and they were clueless. I can access my account information from the website but the app is essential for me when tracking my usage.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reseting network settings without success.  Any clues as to what is causing it? 

I've Been Here Awhile

Any thoughts? I am still unable to control my usage because my Rogers App isn't working - it thinks I'm on wifi when I am not! I will NOT pay my bill if it goes over llimit because of a faulty app...

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Have you tried the application on 2G? Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G (Turn this off).

Again it shouldnt be a resolution but more info = less time to resolve issue

Cheers!

I've Been Around

I am still having this problem..

I was on all day with Rogers today (phone and online). I am very frusturated.

I need to access my Extreme Text Messaging features!

UGH! 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers needs to start caring about the apps they make & suchs instead of the LTE. I have the same problem also. Called in & they did not know anyways. Seems to me Who ever made this App does not know how to make app. I keep getting the same msg & most of the time it tells me i can not view anything because i did a change on my plan. The last time i did a change was 6 months ago :/..

I've Been Here Awhile

My app is also messed up.But I'm wondering if it just the app or the useage meter on the rogers web site as well.Both mine are messed up, they never reset at the end of the billing cycle.But it says up to date as of 4hrs. ago Hmmmm.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've had the same problem for months now.  I finally discovered how to fix it (on my iphone at least).  If you have a proxy profile setup on your iphone (eg, Ovano), Rogers will not be able to authenticate your account because you're not connected through their server.

Once I removed Ovano and deleted the profile, I was able to log into My Account app again.

Hope this helps!

I've Been Around

(Once I removed Ovano and deleted the profile, I was able to log into My Account app again)

Thanks.. That solved my problem too.. 🙂