Beware of Late Payment and Internet Overage Charges - MyRogers Useless

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ottawacan
I Plan to Stick Around

Beware of Late Payment and Internet Overage Charges - MyRogers Useless

I long for the day when a good competition will appear in Ottawa.

I monitor my account in "My Rogers" scrupulously to pay my bill on time, and to avoid exceeding my internet usage allowance.

But Rogers customer service will tell me that what appears on My Rogers is incorect, it seems, when it suits them.

Several times, I have been charged late payment fees when My Rogers showed that they received payment 3 days prior to the due date.

I have been charged Internet usage overage fees when My Rogers clearly showed "additional usage charge $0.00".

When I speak to "customer service", they tell me that what appears on My Rogers is "wrong" or "our system made an error".

This large corporation either doesn't know what it's doing, or it actually does.

***edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Beware of Late Payment and Internet Overage Charges - MyRogers Useless

@ottawacan wrote:

I long for the day when a good competition will appear in Ottawa.

I monitor my account in "My Rogers" scrupulously to pay my bill on time, and to avoid exceeding my internet usage allowance.

But Rogers customer service will tell me that what appears on My Rogers is incorect, it seems, when it suits them.

Several times, I have been charged late payment fees when My Rogers showed that they received payment 3 days prior to the due date.

I have been charged Internet usage overage fees when My Rogers clearly showed "additional usage charge $0.00".

When I speak to "customer service", they tell me that what appears on My Rogers is "wrong" or "our system made an error".

This large corporation either doesn't know what it's doing, or it actually does.

For the late payment.. im not sure..  I pay mine through my bank, on the day of the bill is due often, at like 10pm that day... and still never shown a late payment for me..

As for the overages though, only thing i can think of, its its RIGHT at the end?  The usage on there, is a day behind, it only shows you the day befores, etc.  So you are on the last day, and go OVER.. well you are not going to see that usage, till the next day... which is the FIRST day of the next period.. where the counter for the overages is reset to 0 (the overages, is what is accrued at that time.. since the new period started.. there is no accrued overages)... so your not seeing the overage for that one day.??

ottawacan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Beware of Late Payment and Internet Overage Charges - MyRogers Useless

You often pay on the due date and never got charged a late fee? That's amazing. I'd like to know your secret.

I make it a point to pay Rogers, through my bank, 2 or more days prior to the due date. Still, I've been charged a late fee a few times - even though MY ROGERS correctly reflects that Rogers received my payment early.  True, the late fee is only a few bucks from me, but probably thousands for Rogers if their behavior is corporate and systematic.

The customer service rep had the gall to explain to me how electronic payments from banks can take a few days, and that the receipt date shown on MY ROGERS is incorrect.  If THEIR information is incorrect, well, then they could do WHATEVER THEY WANT, COULDN'T THEY?

Bills from my other debtors such as Bell and Hyrdo also show the receipt date, and they honor it. Maybe Rogers should learn a thing or two from them?

As for internet usage, it is true that MY ROGERS shows the usage one day late. But the usage on the last day of a period is NOT reset. If there is an overage, MY ROGERS shows it. 

AGAIN, if Rogers will not abide by information allegedly published for the good of the customer, isn't that cheating, if not criminal?