Beware of Asus RT-AC68U Firmware Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Beware of Asus RT-AC68U Firmware Update

Thats very strange.  When you initially log into the 68U, is the upgrade LED visible, indicating that an upgrade is available?  Have you tried to use the 68U's upgrade facility to run the upgrade on its own, rather than running it from a file?  It almost sounds as if there might be problem with the file that you downloaded, despite the fact that the upgrade runs to 100% and reboots.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had been using the 68U in an isolated network, and the documented file-based upgrade path was supposed to work...

But per your suggestion, I connected to the internet and allowed the 68U to drive the upgrade sequence, and indeed it found new firmware, and after the download the first progress bar went to 100% (the one I had previously seen), then a second progress bar appeared and completed, and this time the new firmware stuck, so to speak.  

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Don't forget to run the NVRAM Clear.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wired
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is extremely useful information. Wish you could share it in another forum as well. I have been researching about this information, but this http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/trend-deep-security-consumer-routers.369125/ on 7th commend is against the fact that it does DPI from what you say and from Asus website: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1012070/