Bell landline,Rogers cell phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bell landline,Rogers cell phone

I have a Bell landline and a Rogers cell number.I was anticipating getting rid of Bell and transfer my home landline number to my Rogers cellphone.Is this practical?

****Edit Labels****

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Bell landline,Rogers cell phone

Yes Very.
It is called a Port In.
You Port your number in to your cellphone. The Bell line will no longer be functional and your Rogers Cell phone will become the Bell Number. (Once Ported in).
your Current Rogers Cell Phone number will disappear (will no longer work).

If you plan to terminate your Bell Landline altogether, you want to Port the number first then do that, otherwise you lose your bell number if you terminate first.

If you want to keep both numbers.
There is another way, you can do Wireless Home Phone. If you have Shareeverything Plan, you can get a wireless homephone for $9.99.

Hope this helps,
Any further questions @TJP1942 - ask away, we are always here to help! 🙂

Cheers
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now this may have changed in the last number of years... but i know SOMETIMES it cant be done.

May depend on WHERE/WHAT the number is.

IE:  where i live the closest CELL numbers available, are from a city 1-2 away.  Still well within local calling area for anyone in the same town as me, etc.
But the exchanges are very different..  that you couldnt port my house number out.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Gdkitty It has changed. Since Wireless home phone is Canada Wide calling. Your Area Code wouldn't be relevant since any tower it is connected to will be considered local (In terms of billing).

Only home phone number that can't be ported out is from Voip phones. Since those are usually permanently registered.