Being ripped up by Rogers digital upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Being ripped up by Rogers digital upgrade

I am currently a complete Rogers customer, Rogers VIP with two digital connections, a home phone, internet and 5 Cell phones costing me over $300 per month. I also have some analog TV's that I use. When I called Rogers to get their 'free' digital adapter, I was told that I could only get ONE. When I explained that I have multiple analog TV's that need adapters I was told I would have to pay $6.99 per extra adapter a month for the extra outlet. The signal is not being changed by me but by Rogers. Is this a way fro Rogers to get extra money? I am remaining on analog for now but if Rogers is going to force me to pay to upgrade then it is time to switch to another provider. I will gladly pay Bell or another provider to get my package. They might not be better but at least they have not changed a service and forced me to pay for it!!!! Come on Rogers, I am sure that I am not in the same boat. If you wish to change your service, do not charge me for it.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Being ripped up by Rogers digital upgrade

My understanding is that Rogers will provide you a digital adapter for each "legitimate" outlet that you have with analogue TV. On the other hand, if you have multiple analogue TVs that have been hooked up with various splitters that Rogers is not aware of, you will be out of luck. Depending on your cable package, you may be entitled to additional outlets at no extra charge. For example, you have the VIP,  so you are entitled to "connect up to 3 additional TVs at no additional cost." Anything more than that and yes, they can charge you for each additional outlet. I highly doubt that Bell will be any better!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Being ripped up by Rogers digital upgrade

If your only paying for 3 outlets but connecting more analogue tv's you are um, how do you say.. STEALING. thats why rogers wants to charge you. I can't agree with you getting mad at them, but If I was rogers, which i am not, i would get mad at you for stealing their services, your lucky they dont back charge you for the additional outlets you were stealing from them all along, cus if I were a cable company, I would back charge my customers to teach them a lesson that stealing is illegal