Basic Cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Basic Cable

Hi I am looking to sign up with Rogers but I can't afford anything too high tech. Can anyone please tell me how much it costs monthly for just Basic Cable? It would be very helpful I have searched the site and not been able to find prices on just plain old basic cable. Thanks a lot! 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Basic Cable

Plain ole basic cable is going the way of the dodo bird....

If all you're looking for is to plug the tv straight into the cable, be advised that analogue signals are all being transferred to digital, and have been for some time.  Wouldn't suprise me if they no longer sell basic analogue connections anymore.

You will need some form of digital box for Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lurker is correct.. BASIC basic cable.. is pretty much gone.. every month more and more channels are disapearing on Analog.

Your CHEAPEST method, would be.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=PTV_PROG_PACKAGE_PTV_pkgs&PTV_PROG_...

Digital TV. @ $38ish.  You could get a FREE DTA, which should give you then channels 1-60 odd.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Trying to keep THIS post within Rogers Community guidelines:

Rogers BASIC digital TV packages aren't worth even considering. Channel options are limited. Multiple stations of the same network. 30 radio stations. Dozens of no name oddball channels  etc. $20/month w/tax to rent a box ADDITIONAL cost monthly. Terrible deal ALL around.

Satellite is the ONLY way to go. Pay $100 up front. Get FREE hardware for multiple TV's + FREE dish + FREE install. 300 GREAT digital channels. Only the best channels and always something to watch. NO rental fees + you OWN the hardware.

Waaay better deal  + beats Rogers offerings, hands down, any day of the week.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm a Trusted Contributor

As Gdkitty said the $38.00 package and a free DTA from Rogers would be your best bet.

If you are content with the roughly 60 channels you can get with that. I know that in other than a very few instances, most of my TV viewing is done on those channels. You get the usual network channels and most of the channels that were available on basic cable.
I've Been Around

I have a smartphone plan and internet plan wtih you guys, how much would it be to add basic cable?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a user to user forum, this is something you would need to contact rogers directly to ask, they may have some bundle pricing.. but you would have to ask them.

Generally, the base TV package is $40.. and you would need either a FREE DTA to get channels 1-60 odd (though may not include all in that range).. or a fuller digital box for HD quality, etc.

****Updated Solution****

The digital basic package does require a box, standard or HD, but there is a monthly rental fee associated with it, this is in edition to the base price i.e. $40+$5.49 for the box. However; If you own the box or purchase the box outright then you would not have to pay a monthly rental fee because you own the box. Please take a look at the link for more details on the cable packages.

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing&packageProductId=DVFE