Bandwidth Caps Are Not Accurate At ALL Its A Scam!!!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bandwidth Caps Are Not Accurate At ALL Its A Scam!!!!!

Its unfortunate, that the monitoring, is not broken down even more.. say even into.. like 2-3 hour chunks.

At least then, someone could check, on a evening/night timeframe sort of thing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

that would be nice.

then i would know right away when things are off because my husband doesnt start using the wireless device until like 2pm

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had a feeling this was the case.. we need to voice this more opening and to the CRTC...  Rogers is like the MOB.. you pay and pay again and if you don't they shut you down and can ruin your credit.. 

There is no actual competition in Canada.. open the doors to the US and watch what happens here.. 

Mobilize our efforts.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Half the time when I go to check my bandwidth usage, the website doesn't even load... I get the stupid spinning Rogers logo indefinitely.

Comparing my router's statistics to what the Rogers website tells me (when it actually works), Rogers is reporting that I'm using way more bandwidth than I really am.

After months of paying excess charges, I'm finally taking my business to an honest company.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is happening to me on a monthly basis and to be honest with you I have already made plans on switching providers. After countles attempts I keep getting that it is a t my end and I to am a network tech and know how to track my usage. It's not fair that after 5 years of being a customer ROGERS decides to gauge me more and more as the months go by. I was told that if I drop to express instead of extreme and pay the $10.00 additional fee I would only loose 10mbs per second and have unlimitted and it would still be 4 dollars cheaper. I called today to get that exact deal and now I'm being told only if I have the complete bundle, phone, internet, & tv would I be able to do this. If not it would be a $30.00 charge, way to go Rogers. Hope in the following months when the Government is allowing otheer carriers to use our wireless towers they will get a huge kick in the...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

More transparency on usage would be very welcomed. However that would give us more information on usage, and more information about data streams will lead to MORE evidence of fraud.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am fully for people following that sort of suit, if they believe that it's happening.

Problem is proof. To do something like this, people will need the right setup and recording of all their data usage. This way they will have the info to go against that they only used X but are being billed for x+whatever.

I work in an enterprise level IT, and you would be surprised on how easy it is for things to use data without being aware ( when you have the hardware to track it down to almost the packet level at a specific time)

While that equipment is out of most people's hands there are some easier home based alternatives

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@ALL:

the big issue here is "transparency", or, actually, the total lack of it.

Rogers sets the rules, Rogers knows what the data measurement and charging algorithms are.  Rogers has developed this internally, and has not revealed to us, the customer, what these algorithare are.  Rogers has not submitted this to any reputable external auditing firm so we can be assured that these follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

I conclude that we as Rogers customers do not:

1. know if the process overall is accurate, fair and unbiased;

2. if the systems and software which determine what you and I are charged for data usage follow standard accounting principles;

3.have access to an easy, accurate and timely method for determining our data usage and the dollar amount to be charged to our Rogers account;

4. have access to a well-publicized and easy to access mechanism for arbitration of disputes and errors in the measurement of a user's data volume, and the charges to be levied.

CRTC, Deloite, et al, where are you when we need you!

skinorth

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This my be way off base, but I am coming to the end of my 30 day notice period (last day is today). I just logged in to see my usage and even though I have not received a 100% bandwidth notice, I am apparently 60GB over my limit.

Has any one else been dinged for massive overage charges in their final month?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@skinorth wrote:

@all:

the big issue here is "transparency", or, actually, the total lack of it.

Rogers sets the rules, Rogers knows what the data measurement and charging algorithms are.  Rogers has developed this internally, and has not revealed to us, the customer, what these algorithare are.  Rogers has not submitted this to any reputable external auditing firm so we can be assured that these follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

This is not true. Rogers is getting their meter systems SysTrust Certification from PriceWaterhouseCoopers. I ran into this information when I was researching the SamKnows project that Rogers is currently running.

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/showNewsDetail?fromWhere=linkInRSSXml&rssBusiUnit=R&NewsID=201121243...