Bad sound on individual channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Bad sound on individual channels

I've started having a problem recently where one channel is having very bad, unintelligible sound. It was originally Fox and now it is CBS. All of the other channels seem OK so I don't see how it could be the box.

Any ideas?

It is an HD8300.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bad sound on individual channels

Its POSSIBLE its the box.

Have you tried changing cables going into the TV, etc to iliminate that?

Its not choppyness or anything with the sound.. just like a background sound?

I've Been Here Awhile

Actually it is choppiness. I guess that would be a good way to describe it. But also, the sound seems way out of sync with the picture, which is perfect.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Out of curiosity, are you suing an external sound system? That can cause the image and the sound to be out of sync?

Also, do you know what kind of cable you are using? HDMI or RCA (Red, White, Yellow) cables? I prefer HDMI ...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Audio choppyness, CAN be a signal problem.. but often goes hand in hand with video choppyness.

I've Been Here Awhile

It is HD so it is obviously not RCA. I am using HDMI.

The problem has just reared its ugly head recently so I don't think it is the cables, but I will check to make sure nothing is slightly askew.

I've Been Here Awhile

And I'm also getting Descriptive Video on the Big Bang Theory on CTV weekdays at 7:30. Seems to be the only show and I don't think I am getting it if I record the show and play it back later.

I've Been Around

I have had this problem too!!!  I go to "settings"  then highlight   "choose SAP Language" then arrow over and change the highlighted part to "English" instead of "DVS English" then hit "select".  I don't know what the ""DVS English" means but when I do that, it corrects the problem.  and if I switch to another program then I come back to the program that had the problem I have to go to the "Settings" again and go through the whole process again.  If there is a way to correct this so it stays on just "English" I would love to know about it.

I've Been Around

I've been having the same issue. Annoying but fixable. It started a couple of months ago and there doesn't seem to be a master or permanent setting. I had certain channels with no sound and was confused as the others seemed fine...I knew it couldn't be the pvr, otherwise all the channels would have an audio issue. I figured out the problem on my own after calling tech support 3-4 times with no one seeming to be aware of this at all and asking me to unplug my pvr and re-set it, etc. After 3 weeks I gave up asking them to resolve the issue for me. Very frustrating.

I've Been Around

I have had this problem for over 6 months or more and is still on going. About 3-4 months ago they sent a technical person over and he change the cable from my home to the cable box. That did not solve the problem so they sent another tech person over this time he changed all the conectors because I do have three outlets and the plug in board. I still had the same problem and have been calling them to complain about the same issue. They may have over 10 calls logged about this issue from me. When I would have this problem I would call a friend with the same package that I have with Rogers and he would be having the same problem. The last two or three calls the customer service person has acknowledge the he was having the same problem at his end and that he would bump it up the the techincal area only to have a automated call back that the problem was fixed be it this issue returned to call back. i have been calling back again and again but to no satisfaction. Rogers know they have a problem at there end and either taking there sweet time to fix the problem or can't wrap thier heads around it. It certainly makes it easier to go to another provider.