Bad User Interface Design + My Mistake - I Kicked Myself Off the Internet!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bad User Interface Design + My Mistake - I Kicked Myself Off the Internet!

In preparation for a vacation, I went into the My Rogers site to schedule my mobile Internet for hiatus.

I found a link to Suspend Usage and then a Suspend Usage button. I had expected that I would proceed to SCHEDULE the start and end times for the suspension like Bell does.

Nope, I only discovered later that the suspension took effect within seconds. My mobile Internet went down, so I didn't get the email message that would have alerted me to the fact that I had locked my account by mistake.

Sure, I should have read more carefully so it was my mistake, but I don't consider the user-interface intuitive or forgiving the way it should be for something so drastic.

K.

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bad User Interface Design + My Mistake - I Kicked Myself Off the Internet!

Hi K-C, did you contact Customer Care to lift the suspension?

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bad User Interface Design + My Mistake - I Kicked Myself Off the Internet!

KC:

My understanding for this service, is it was designed TO be instant.

Its for when, say you loose your phone, and before you find/replace it, you want to make sure someone else doesnt rack up mins, etc on it.. you suspend the service.
You see that a childs phone on the account, is going overboard, etc.. you suspend it right away, etc.

THough, maybe there should be a WARNING on the page that says it will be right away 🙂