Backup Data

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Backup Data

I need instructions on how to backup data on my samsung captivate phone before upgrading to froyo.  Thanks so much.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Backup Data

Hello alicehok,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

This task is not supported by Rogers technical support; you should contact the Samsung manufacturer for support on backing up your device. Here is Samsung's contact information 1-800-726-7864.

To point you in the right direction you will need to download a software called KIES. It will allow you to backup your contacts and information from your device.

I hope this helps,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello alicehok,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

This task is not supported by Rogers technical support; you should contact the Samsung manufacturer for support on backing up your device. Here is Samsung's contact information 1-800-726-7864.

To point you in the right direction you will need to download a software called KIES. It will allow you to backup your contacts and information from your device.

I hope this helps,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

To backup samsung galaxy data to computer, you can try samsung kies, but i think it's  a little complicated and there're something you can't backup with it. you can try an android data backup app, google it to know more.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xnika

Any devices older then the Note 5 and S6 require you to use Samsung Kies. S7, S7 edge and Note 7 require you to use SmartSwitch which is pretty easy and backs up everything.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Try Coolmuster Android Assistant
Highlighted
I've Been Around

As far as I know a special designed android data backup app could transfer everything from your phone to computer, and you don't need to root your phone, just need enable usb debugging on your phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sdyu

You forgot to mention what u posted is $39. No one here is willing to pay that for a program to back up their device when you have many other programs which do the same. Including Samsung Kies.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I now exclusively use AirDroid on Android and my desktop - it does much of what the earlier app you mentioned that is 39.99 and for free - there are some missing options, and it does restrict how much data you move across the Internet - you can manage your phone over the Internet, and also do things like turn on your camera and see who is using it, lock it etc. But these features are free from many other tools, either available from the device maker, or in the App Store.

Just one I found that I like, as I can get notifications from phone to me, see my messages as they come, and respond, and even have remote control of the device, app management, and if I find an app while on my cmputer, I can install it to the phone directly from the computer.  As well, as backup and restore options.

Many options out there, to each there own. Some may  be willing to pay for an App for the cmputer to manage backups, I am not one of them, but I look at each one individually and see if the options and ease of use is worth it.  If it makes my life more productive, and my confidence for safe management of my devices is high with the device, it is like the fact that I pay for Internet Security products, and some people use free ones.

Bruce

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yes, there are some free backup apps but can't meet my demands. I'd like a tool which can transfer my SMS and contacts to computer and this can be doone with free tools like airdroid.  My friends recommend me MobiKin Assistant for Android.