Back button launches browser

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Back button launches browser

Hello,

I have an annoyance I was hoping someone knows how to solve.

When I enter any application, about 80% of the time, when I exit, and if for some reason I press the back button twice, it launches the browser.

Sometimes I can't get it to do it at all and other times it does it every time. I checked using the "active applications" widget and the browser isn't running beforehand.

It's almost as if the back button stack gets confused and gets the browser stuck in the first position.

This happens on my Captivate and my wife's. We're both running 2.2.

Cheers. 

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Back button launches browser

I have the captivate too with 2.2; i think your problem is that you might be accidentally pressing the search button? i just tried replicating your problem but it didnt happen.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Back button launches browser

That's what I thought at first as well. The browser launcher is just above the back button and the search button is just to the right of it. Then I realized it occassionally got stuck in the confused mode.

The search button launches the Google search app. The browser shows my home page. This is definitely launching the browser, not the search.

When I can replicate it, I can replicate it no matter how carefully I press the back button.

Doh!